An honest question about this offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, what we need is another starter to go along with Jones. A #1 would be great, but seeing as how there are no #1 WRs available, we should take what we can get...

2. We have a starting RB. His name is LenDale White.

What we don't have is a 2nd starting-quality WR to go along with Brandon Jones...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well thank God not many share your short sightedness.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Lendale was considered the steal of the draft last year, and we took him with a second round pick. you don't not start that player.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lendale White is the next Eddie George, which is a good thing for those of you who dont understand what im trying to say

6. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I am all for that #1. Which available receiver would that be?

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

ted ginn, dwayne jarrett, sidney rice, rob mecheam, dwayne bowe

8. 31 WRs have been drafted in the 1st round since 2000 (13 were top 10 picks). How many of those do you think are #1 WRs today, much less as a rookie?

You can't ever be sure of a WR in the draft.
    http://www.drafthistory.com/positions/wr.html

9. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i'm worried about the offense. we lose our best TWO wr's from last year and our starting RB... and we have made no real move to replace them or even backup their backups... i think everyone should be worried.

i don understand what it is everbody seems to see in BJ.
    yes, he's fast. that slant he turned into a 50+ TD last preseason was impressive... but other than that he's been adequate.

i think the offense will be pretty anemic next year. if it is good at all it will be because vince improvises.
    there are no young WR in free agency currently who have the stats comparable to bennett except stallworth... and he is off the field as much as he is on it.

for the type of recievers we need... umm tall, quick, smart, good blocker, with good hands.

vince likes to throw some up for grabs and often has an errant throw past the fingertips of smaller recievers... quick and smart and good blocking because they have to recognize(even without looking) very quickly when the play breaks down so they can move to get open or block for vince... and good hands because if i see vince improvise, roll left, and drill a wide open player in the hands only to see him drop it again... i may cry.

so big name WR's prolly arent necessary... just a good mix...
    maybe one burner who's a true #1 and several quick fundamentally sound guys would work nice.

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I am pretty much in agreement with paraconspiracy's last post to the thread. However, I must dispute the post of LT21Titans27 saying Lendale White is the next Eddie George well lets see him rack up 10,000 and a work ethic and team leader that Eddie was not saying Lendale doesnt have poetential but I think its a major overshoot to say or compare him to #27.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar