Amy Winehouse Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chapparal97, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

RIP......Such a talent.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KUmZp8pR1uc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Wow, that's sad. I don't want to say anything for sure just yet until we're told the cause of death, but with how destructive she was, I'm not even shocked.

I liked her voice, she had that cool, smokey, throwback sound, and made it popular in today's music before Duffy and Adele came into the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pAz9UpnRKw

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Drug abusers across the world must be clapping their hands, more drugs for them.

Not my kinda music, but unfortunately she's a pretty good example of how not to live your life.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Crap, hate to hear it, even though you knew it was coming. I'd hoped she would be able to pull through her self destructive ways.

I've known people that wrestle the same demons as her, and no one can help them, they have to do it themselves.

Amazing how many have died, young and younger, yet Keith Richards still lives...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Love how this is getting tons more attention than the Norway terrorist act. 92 dead there... 1 crackhead celebrity here.

Gotta love what celebrities do to people.

She was talented. And extremely weak. We all saw this coming-

We tried to make her go to rehab but she said NO, NO, NO...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Keith Richards is a myth. He quit the drugs over 30 years ago, but he's smart enough to know that the myth is what keeps him-and his band- relevant in a rapidly changing scene, so it stays perpetuated.

As for Amy, I liked her music, but her repeated refusal to take any help earns her zero sympathy from me. Maybe this will clear the charts for someone who isn't a constant walking trainwreck.

7. Deuce Wayne

Adele steps in and is a better find anyway... and seems to be a genuine person behind the music.

With you, Avvie. Hard to sympathize for those that refuse to help themselves.

8. GeronimoJackson

^^ I like some of Adele's songs and I like her image as she doesn't have the "superstar look" but still continues to do her thing, but I swear, "Rolling in the Deep" is really starting to get f**king annoying... And I never liked that song in the first place.

9. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. That's why I try to avoid radio as much as possible. They'll make you hate the few good songs they actually play just due to repetition. 10 song playlists...

10. GeronimoJackson

There are some artists that dominate the radio that I can jam to. John Mayer, Cudi, John Legend (pretty much the male version of Adele), to list a few.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar