Americas team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 6, 2010.

?
  1. Dallas Cowboys

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. New England Patriots

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Niether. I would say it was..............

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Dallas Cowboys were dubbed "America's Team" by NFL Films back in the 70's. The team ran with it after that..

What about the ol' "Commitment to Excellence", certainly doesn't apply to The Raiders anymore...

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Marketing cliche and that's it. "America's team" is a stupid effin concept. If it were real, then it would stand up to all methods of measurement- merchandise, TV contracts, broadcast range, ticket sales, fan polling, # of championships etc.

No such effin thing as an "America's team".

3. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Last time I checked, America has 32 teams.

If the question is "What team has the most fans?" Then the answer is probably the Steelers. If the question is "What team has the most haters?" It's probably the Cowboys.

On a side note, I live in Texas and have to deal with these Cowboys fans daily. No wonder I hate the team so much. Oilers/Titans for life.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

google "Americas team" and youll get the most popular answer.

5. AllDaWay

AllDaWay Camp Fodder

I hate them with a passion and 95% of their fans are morons, but it seems like there are Steelers fans everywhere.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You could say the Bills were Americas team at one point. They did run the league for four straight years. Four straight Super Bowl appearances and zero wins, okay call them Canada's team, never mind.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

It'll be the Bills when they get moved to toronto :)

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Only because of Katrina (and a few people have jumped on the bandwagon because they're the champs). But, Green Bay has alway had a following win or lose, across the North America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar