Amazon Fire TV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Preditan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah that would definitely be nice. Still, it's a hell of a deal for the $30 or whatever price.
  2. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

All devices at hotels usually need to authenticate through a web browser to gain internet access.

This can be fixed by calling the hotel wireless support and giving them the Mac address of the chromecast and they can Manually authenticate it( if they are nice)
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

I am sure that would work - but good luck with the hotel staff even comprehending what you are asking them to do.. :tailgate:

4. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

Def not the hotel staff. They all either have a 3rd party vendor who handles all guest wireless issues, or an in house corporate call center like Hilton. Source: I helped Hilton guests get on wireless for a few minths
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

I have spoken to 3rd party wifi help at Hilton in the past. It was decent service. The rest of the industry is all over the place though in that regard. The La Quintas of the world may need to catch up..
  6. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

Hah yeah true.. I'm sure some bobo hotel probably has a guy named Dave who comes around every now and then. Wasn't thinking of that
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I didn't know what Chromecast was 'til this thread.

Thanks, Amazon whatever thingy!
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Oh the irony of asking that on this board when Chromecast is made by the creator of the world's most popular search engine.

And why did I know what Chromecast was before you guys?...aren't y'all the hip youngsters and I the cranky old fossil?

Speaking of which, we get Netflix and Amazon Instant on the Wii console. And YouTube. So there.