Amato Out At NC State - Is That Job Norm Chow's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Chuck Amato's firing has leaked out and will be formally announced later tonight or tomorrow.

It has been long rumored that NC State would like to bring Norm Chow back to Raleigh as their head coach when they felt that Chuck Amato left or was fired.

The Arizona State job just opened up today and Chow's name has been linked to that job as well.

We will soon find out.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i hope not. despite some people's problem with his play calling, i like the way he handles young QBs.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yup....things are getting interesting here in Lil Ole NC.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

VY and the Titans will never find a better man to develop a young QB between the ears than Norm Chow. It would be a huge loss for the Titans and VY's development.

#90 Camp Fodder

He'd be stupid to go back to College now that he's in the NFL. He stays the OC here for 2 more years and develops Young, he'll get consideration as a HC...a lot more $$$$.....

6. Sparky13

Sparky13 Guest

McGinnis, Chow and Larry Marmie to ASU is the hot rumor

According to ASU message boards tonight this will be announced shortly...Dave McGinnis to be HC, Chow to be OC and Marmie to be DC. You guys hearing anything there in Nashville?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think fisher would allow chow to go for a lateral coaching move.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I don't think Chow would leave unless it was for a HC position.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Actually they are talking about Cowher taking the position. His daughters live in Raleigh. He hasn't been resigned.

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Here is something to ponder....

NFL.com has a story suggesting it might be possible that Norm Chow could head back to the college ranks to Arizona State for the head coach position. If this turns out to be the case first who would fill the OC position with the Titans and how much would that throw Vince and the rest of the off course?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar