Amano re-signed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

defense is the problem from the coaches to the players not the offense! Harris should start some where. We need another cb, several lbs, a dt, and a major pass rusher or 2 or 3. Draft defense and sign defense and do not resign nickey for special teams that really sucked!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's a really good deal. I think he's worth that. Especially if he works on cutting down those stupid penalties. Well done Mike and Co. :thumb:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. I'd say it's a little expensive, but not insanely so. It's pretty much the going rate. Jake Scott got about $5M a year, too. Jacob Bell got significantly more 2 years ago.

But what were their options? I guess they could have kept Mawae at center for another year and started Harris, but we don't have anyone else to replace Amano and I see no realistic way to get one in free agency.

4. Big Time Titan

I agree it seems a little expensive, but I'm looking at it like this, give him a raise, keep him loyal, and give him the incentive to get better and work harder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My thoughts as well. Seems like every always thinks the grass is greener on the other side so to speak and if we signed a another comparable player we would spend as much or more and who would that be?

Amano also gives us the option of moving Harris to OG because Amano can play OC. I'm not sure but that could be the strategy and a way to get a signal caller on the OL who can solidify that position for the next 5 years.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would have said that it was expensive as well, but only slightly over $10 million is guarenteed, which makes it an excellent, low risk contract for the team. We've locked our starting guard down to reasonable salaries for the next five seasons, but we can cut him if he starts to slow down.

Excellent signing, excellent contract.

I agree that Mawae is probably gone. His agent made some comments saying that it looked like we might only want him to stay to be a backup, and "that would be an insult to the player that Kevin Mawae is." or something similar. Sorry to see him go, but we'll be fine on the offensive line.

Really curious to see what this team looks like in the fall. If we let Mawae, KVB, and Bulluck go, that's a massive loss of leadership. Maybe letting Mawae and KVB go increases our chances of retaining Bulluck? That injury is such a question mark, who knows where he'll be nine months from now.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

As much as I have liked KVB and Mawae, if their departure would lead to us resigning the Bull I'm for it. I believe KB is worth at least a 4 year deal in the higher range of money if they front load the contract like EA's. I'd still like to keep the others if they would sign for low contracts but who sees that happening.

8. Big Time Titan

Yeah I'd rather have Keith back over Kevin and Kyle, but dang that is a nasty injury he's gonna be coming back from. I hope he gets back to 100% because I'm really gonna miss him if he doesn't.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Actually, wasn't that nasty. Apparently it was a clean tear with nothing else damaged. As far as ACLs go, he should be ahead of the curve.

(Sorry, radio was the source, so no link.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar