Amano re-signed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

I agree Mawae does need to be retained. However, If he is not I'm confident in Leroy Harris. Kevin Mawae is on of the ALL-TIME greats at center and it would be a shame to not resign him. But, If it does happen, Leroy will get the job done!

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

How long has Mawae been in Tennessee? Has it been longer than his other two teams? Im asking because i wonder if he'll retire a Titan. He was on the Jets and Seahawks so im sure he's had his best years here.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't really know what to think of this one. I'm glad that we're taking care of our own guys, but I haven't been too impressed with Amano. I'm with Jonne on the fact that the guy is always the one getting called for penalties on the line.

I hope that a new deal will push him to play even harder, work or minimizing mistakes, and become a beast.

I'm not doubting the man's physical skills because he has all that down, it's just the mental errors that result in penalties that cost us.

I'm not gonna be a hater so I'm gonna say that I'm happy for him and hopeful this works out for the best for him and the team.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's only been with the team for 3 years.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Four years a Seahawk, eight years a Jet. And Gunny, you missed a year - four as a Titan.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Oh man thats alot with the jets.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He's gonna be remembered as a Jet, but in the long run, who cares. He's an offensive lineman, ask the average joe who Bruce Matthews is, they would have no idea.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

word...

w/ four of the main five locked for the coming three years whats not to like. from what i saw amano was playing some good ball. espeically on running plays, he was being pulled a lot to block, or running out upfront to open the second level. infact one of CJs TDs was large in part of amano running upfront of him setting up an easy juke

personally, i'd say sign harris to a 3-5 year deal and be done w/ worrying about the o-line. depth could be an issue but really i've only heard good things about kropog and have a feeling he is soon to be like an 'amano' in the wing

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think Offensive Linemen are slowly getting more and more noticed. But you are right most fans are mainly into the flash instead of paying attention to the fight in the trenches.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well, one down fifteen or so to go. I'm no fan of his, but Amano gets it done. If its not broke don't fix it. Glad the Titans are working hard early in the offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar