Training Camp Amano out for the season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The Titans really messed up in the draft not taking Konz in the 2nd round. He was the best center in the draft and nobody thought he'd fall that far. Right now, our 2nd round pick Brown isn't even running with the 1st team defense. So we drafted a guy in the 2nd who probably won't start in place of a guy that could have started at center for us, a need position?

Second, in the very limited time Velasco has played he's been pretty good. So we could be ok. I wonder if the front office will try to deal with another team for a good quality center.

I've been one of Amano's biggest critics. He's been awful but I'd never wish for someone to get hurt, especially someone on my team. That being said I'm glad he's gone.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The thing about picking Konz is we could have that position solidified for the next 10 years and Konz can also play OG if needed. The way it is right now we have a RG who is a FA after this year, a LG who is up in age and little at C. They should have run to the platform jumping of rjoy when Konz was still on the board. Even if Konz never becomes a great player he is probably going to be solid. We past on Decastro as well in the 1st but that is more rationale and I like the Wright pick. A guy like Koppen would look real nice at C right now and I think Konz could have been a similar player for years to come.

3. amy

amy Starter

You could be right. We manifest what we think. That's why the world is full of hate and war.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Incidently, Konz is competing for both a starting spot at OG and C and the Falcons will likely decide what best combo on the OL would be. Todd McClure signed a one year deal but if the team feels the ebst combo is Konz at C McCLure might get cut. SO maybe if we needed to we could sign McClure if we to for one year.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

A lot of us were dissapointed the Titan FO was skared too upset EAs delicate ego by drafting or signing a legit C too compete, but at least we drafted a slow arsed WR and a DE to play TE

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hope it's not career threatening for the poor guy but I am happy he won't be our starting C this year. It can't get worse, can it? I guess it can because he was decent most of the year in pass protect but his run blocking is beyond atrocious. Velasco is better!

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Is it wrong that I am sort of pleased by this news? I didn't want Amano to get hurt, I just didn't want him to be our center.

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

And yet plenty of people in this state absolutely adore him.

VFLs can suck it!

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hate to hear why, but glad to hear the result....no Amano at C this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar