Am I the only one that thinks our passing game will be better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Our passing game is better without brittney. Its yet to be seen if fitz does well. I sure hope he does. We are off to a hell of a start.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fitz is a better passer, no question about it.

Only thing I worry about is- our coaches will trust him more, and he'll likely turn the ball over.

The good news is- I think he can put up more points than Locker would, typically.

So if our defense just plays like they can- we should be fine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I checked out Fitz's film from last year. We will see much more slants and use of the middle of the field. If Loggains is smart he will use him different than jake.

He can definitely hold us together.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I was just stoked to see jake balling out and becoming more dependable. Now this sets us back again and leaves more questions with his/our future.

If he would have came out and just sucked it up, it would have been an easy way to cut ties. If he came out and proved his worth, great we know what we got... Right now... I'd still say we have questions about him. Possibly about his health, possibly about his return ability.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

True. I feel I've been trolled by Jake.

- I suck!
    - I suck!
    - Look at me, I suck!
    - Wait... maybe I'm good?
    - Yup! Looks like I'm good!
    - BAALLIINN! FRANCHISEE QB C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
    - Just kidding. See you guys next offseason.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

No, nobody is saying Locker is playing like a legend or a god. Most people are encouraged by his recent play. He continues to improve, makes smart decisions and does not turn the ball over.
    I almost puked when I saw him getting carted off the field.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fitzy has a career 77 passing rating. That's backup material!

His rating the last 2 years was 79 and 83 respectively. Decent numbers for 1998 but that 83 rating is sub par in the league today.

Yes i'm glad we have a decent vet to take the reins while Locker is down but the notion that our passing game will be better is idiotic. Locker's passing rating sunday was 130!

Hard to judge by a partial game as a backup but prior to the pass to Nate Fitzy looked horrible and the offense did nothing.

The best hope would be for our running game to get better and for another WR to step up and make some plays. Britt most likely but if Britt keeps playing like crap i'd like to see Hunter more.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Sure, not impressive.
    Name the Bills WR corp from last year?

Yeah, outside Stevie Johnson I got nothing.

Lockers' 99.0 rating is 7th among starting QBs. Not bad at all.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Fitz can definitely manage the game as he did ok against the jets and I think they are a decent defense. Our passing game is going to be different in a lot of ways more so than better. The chemistry aspect is going to be changing a lot now that the wide outs had chemistry with Jake and it is highly disappointing in that regard. Chemistry is one of the most underrated features an offense can have that is not on any stats sheet. Jake built trust in all of our wide outs and hopefully fitz can keep that going, we can be really good until he comes back and hopefully healthy because long term at this point means more. I know we had a great start to the season and can't waste it but at the end of the day, I don't see anyone stopping denver.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Fitz might sling the ball more, but he'll likely turn it over more. We may see more yards from Fitz, but Locker managed and controlled the game better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar