Alterraun Verner?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Everyone knocking Jrob for linemen, but last time I checked, our O line is actually playing damn good. Of course we have injuries now too, so it panned out. We will get other positions and playmakers this draft.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Or McNair could have ran 1 more yard before throwing it :)

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Verner was a Pro bowler 3 years ago and was solid for the first 5 of his career. He's still only 27. For whatever reason he had an off year last year, but was still a starter. Grimes crushed it in the offseason and was inserted opposite Verner to start the season. Verner actually graded as a top 40 CB through the first 3 weeks of the season. Not great, but solid and better than most of the garbage on on our team. Why did he get benched you ask? A little player named Vernon Hargreaves drafted #11 overall in the first round needed play time.

Is Verner playing up to his contract? No. Could he help this team? Yes.

He isn't doing anything on their roster except collecting a big paycheck, and shockingly Harry Douglas or Andre Johnson would provide much more value for them at a position of need. Honestly, they should be calling us.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Dirk Koetter was Douglas' OC in Atlanta I suppose that might help.

5. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Were there to be a trade between parties Verner : Douglas , it might be the biggest garbage trade in my memory. One sack of trash for another. Verner from what I have watched of the Bucs has been dreadful. Usually people leave and become all-pro , he's the polar opposite. He's better than Blake but then so is a guy in a Wheelchair with a guide-dog.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Famous last words.

He is not a good fit for the defense we have now. And no one is taking Douglas.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

Not necessarily, he will remember how crappy Douglas is

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Trader Jon has friends with the Bucs. I think he was also on staff when they brought in Verner.

I would not be surprised if he's inquired and the price is too high.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Offer them Harry Douglas lol

10. The Hammer

Maybe we can toss in Supernaw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar