All-Vic Carucci Team 2005

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

OK, this team is BS. It's pretty bad when you name your All-NFL team, and I can create a team that would kill it.

Take a look at Vic's team, and then my team. The A'll-Beat Vic Team. The rules for my team is that I can't choose anyone from Vic's team. Obviously, I have a colts bias, but it shouldn't matter that much.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9140994

Vic's team:

QB -- Tom Brady, New England
    RB -- Shaun Alexander, Seattle
    WR -- Steve Smith, Carolina; Hines Ward, Pittsburgh
    TE -- Antonio Gates, San Diego
    OT -- Walter Jones, Seattle; Willie Anderson, Cincinnati
    OG -- Steve Hutchinson, Seattle; Randy Thomas, Washington
    C -- Shaun O'Hara, New York Giants
    FB -- Mack Strong, Seattle
    . . . . .
    Defense

DE -- Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants; Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis
    DT -- Jamal Williams, San Diego; Marcus Stroud, Jacksonville
    MLB -- Brian Urlacher, Chicago
    OLB -- Shawne Merriman, San Diego; Joey Porter, Pittsburgh
    CB -- Ronde Barber, Tampa Bay; Nathan Vasher, Chicago
    SS -- Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh
    FS -- Bob Sanders, Indianapolis
    __________________________________________________ ___________

The 'My Team can Beat Vic Team':

Offense

QB--Peyton Manning
    HB--Ladanian Tomlinson
    WR--Marvin Harrison, Santana Moss
    TE--Tony Gonzalez
    OT--Jonathon Ogden, Willie Roaf
    C--Jeff Saturday
    OG--Will Shields, Larry Allen
    FB--Lorenzo Neal

. . . . .
    Defense

DE--Jason Taylor, Julius Peppers
    DT--Shaun Rogers, Corey Simon
    OLB--Cato June, Derrick Brooks (or Maybe Keith Bulluck?)
    MLB--Zach Thomas
    CB--Champ Bailey, Ty Law
    SS--Roy Williams
    FS--Jason Lynch

Is there any question that my team would win? I'm not even talking about pure talent (I didn't choose Moss , T.O., or Ray Lewis) my team even had a better YEAR in 2005 than Vic's team! WTF trash kind fo squad was that Vic?

At least Black Bob and Freeney were on it. Are you telling me that out of the entire 14-2 Colts, those 2 guys had the best year? Wow.

The first step in choosing an All-NFL team is making sure that there is no other combination of players that could easily and obviously defeat your squad. I believe that Vic skipped this step. After that step, you can start looking for guys who had a great 2005. Vic's team does neither. For instance, if he wanted the best DE's in football, he'd choose Freeney and Peppers or maybe Strahan. If he wanted to choose the 2 DE's that had the best 2005 season, there's no question, he'd choose Robert Mathis and Kyle Vanden Bosch. I think Vic was drunk when he made this team.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I think his team is based on the players performances this year, in which that team is accurate, although Merriman shouldn't be on it.

3. SwingOnDeezBalz

OK, then agree with me on this, if the team is only 2005 performance based, then the following need to be on there:

Carson Palmer
    Chad Johnson
    Deltha O'neal
    Kyle Vanden Bosch
    Robert Mathis
    Santana Moss
    Cato June

Did these guys not have the best years in the league?

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Well Brady, Alexander, and Smith are very accuarate. But Hines shouldn't have got the nod over Chad Johnson and Deltha O'neal outperformed Rhonde Barber

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

hahaha, yours is laughable considering you don't have urlacher in there.

6. SwingOnDeezBalz

OK, duder, obviously you didn't read the guidelines.

I made that team out of ONLY GUYS THAT VIC DIDN'T PICK.

Clearly, Urlacher, Polamalu, Black Bob, Freeney, would be on my list if I picked my own team, but that wasn't the point.

7. coltman18

coltman18 Guest

I still think it's funny that these analysts think Brady is better than Manning.

Without the defense playing well, Brady was an average QB.

Other WRs overlooked were Joey Galloway and Larry Fitzgerald. Both had great years. Better than Ward IMO.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, no, no, no your just trying to be funny now.

Brady did lead the league in passing yards, Manning didnt 'win' you a lot of earlier games your defense did.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what about Tiki Barber?

10. SwingOnDeezBalz

Cato June

Hahaha
    Gunny, you never cease to amaze me. You're in Australia right? You must not get NFL news up to date.

so we weren't 13-0 because of Manning, we were 13-0 because of our defense. Do you think Cato June's 5 interceptions in 4 games may have helped that situation?

Cato June is a Pro Bowler. If anything, I was trying to be 'funny' when I listed Keith bulluck as an alternate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar