All Tings CJ Go In Here . . . . . . . . . . . . . And tings like dat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In all honesty I would rather sit on the CAP, assuming there is a plan, than throw it at an underperforming primadonna

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

did you watch the games?

Hey CJ did you have a good year in 2013

:cj:

see even CJ knows he was ineffective for the vast majority of 2013

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

DEAL. Though you're gonna have to remind me cause I'll prolly forget.

4. TitansWillWin2

This entire team was ineffective. He was just a product of the system.

5. TitansWillWin2

BTW. This thread won't end until CJ retires. Just so you know.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So.... 1... 2.. more seasons?

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Gets cut by Jets next year. Another team kicks the tires the following year but he is released mid way through the season.

Retires.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Retire or not play..?

Did Eddie George ever officially retire..? Took VY too long...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Former Titans running back Chris Johnson dubbed his old team “nasty” for its decision to cut him after free agency but only days before the start of the offseason workout program.

Former Titans center and former NFLPA president Kevin Mawae thinks Johnson has a point.

“I’ve got to give some credit to Chris,” Mawae said on 102.5 The Game, via Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com. “There are some times when the business side of it is done wrong and if the team knew they were gonna cut him or whatever, then I’m in agreement with Chris that they should have done it earlier. There’s no sour grapes about it. You just don’t do business that way, is what I think Chris is trying to say and I would agree with that.”

But here’s the thing. The Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiated when Mawae served as NFLPA president permitted the move, as did the contract Johnson signed with the Titans.

In 2012 and 2013, Johnson’s contained triggers that forced the Titans to make a move early in the offseason. Both years, the Titans opted to keep Johnson.

This year, the contract didn’t have a quick trigger, via either a roster bonus or a conversion of non-guaranteed base salary to guaranteed payments. So the Titans had the ability to squat on Johnson in the hopes of finagling a trade partner. And they did.

Have the Titans gone too far in the past? They surely have, specifically when not cutting quarterback Steve McNair but also locking him out of the building during the offseason program for fear that he’d suffer an injury that would have left them on the hook for his full salary. But for that ruling in 2006, the Titans may have tried to do the same thing to Johnson.

Is it right or wrong? It complied with the applicable agreements, making right or wrong irrelevant. Still, the Titans were fully within their rights — rights given to them by Johnson as part of the contract that paid him $30 million over three seasons featuring performances that didn’t justify the investment.

[​IMG]

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Again....what is viewed as inappropriate by any player (current or ex) is ALWAYS biased on the side of the player.

Want to talk about what is crappy business practice....holding out and not honoring the contract you have signed with the team. Players can just decide they think they are worth more money with 1-2 yrs left on a contract and hold out and screw a team over. However let a team exercise their rights to explore potential trade options down to the last minute and suddenly it's bad business.

• High Five High Five x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar