All those scared of a new coach.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by customtitan, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

My thing is this. Why do so many assume that things will get worse if we got a new coach? Isnt it at all possible that we acquire a HC that can get this team over the hump? Sometimes change is GOOD !!

2. NYCTitanfan84

Well theres always that risk. There are never any "definites" even if we acquired a HC with a good backround so to speak..its always possible that that coach isnt the right fit. Mike Shanahan has a pretty good backround..but that doesnt mean that the Washington Redskins are definitely going to be Super Bowl contenders for every year that hes at the helm. Sometimes its the "veteran" coach that works and sometimes its the rookie coach..thats always the risk.

I guess some of us are at our point where we feel as though JF has had more then enough chances to get this team over the hump and still hasnt done so. So why not give someone else that opportunity?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We've got time, Bud Adams doesn't, thus no change.

4. NYCTitanfan84

Lol. Ok I can understand that. I didnt expect anything to change now anyway (if he hasnt made a change thus far I didnt expect him too now). But I was speaking moreso from those on this forum..who dont want a change at all. Not necessarily meaning a new HC for next season..but even a new one when JFs contract is up

5. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

with all due respect, Mike Shanahan looked very ordinary without Elway. As Terrell Davis also would have...

That's what makes CJ's season more impressive, the d knew he was coming.

6. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

Maybe he inherited a good team, but I'd trade Fisher for Rex Ryan in a heartbeat.

7. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

no Rex. I dont want it THAT bad even IF he COULD deliver!

8. NYCTitanfan84

Agreed..but I used him as an example because people "know" him. I think sometimes people run to the guy with the "name" because they feel its the safer choice..which is why names like Gruden..Cowher..Shanahan would always come up.

I honestly think our next HC just might be someone whose a DC right now..they may or may not have HC experience already. But I dont see any of those "vets" here..

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think we should get the standford coach... right after fisher accepts the USC job (((((((((((((((in my (wet) dreams)))))))))))))))))))

10. NYCTitanfan84

Lmao !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar