All those scared of a new coach.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by customtitan, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a lot? debateable.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

honestly gunny, youre a huge fisher apologist. maybe youre starting to see the light?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=53160

Ever tire of being wrong?

4. amy

amy Starter

Who are we going to get? Just because we don't know of any doesn't mean much. How many of those coaches of the playoff teams did you know before they were hired? To say there aren't any out there is being silly. And why would we want a veteran coach anyhow? They aren't coaching now for a reason, right? I don't see Adams firing Fisher unless next season is a repeat or worse of this one. If it is, he might just be gone. Even old codgers see the light, especially where their pocketbooks are concerned.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So do you want Fisher gone?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If he had the ability to change his ways and not stick to his favourites, I'd want him to stay.
    Since he doesn't, I don't BUT I am not upset we still have him for one more year (and I think if next season = no playoffs he is definitely gone).

7. amy

amy Starter

I don't know that is just blind faith. The candidates are evaluated and decisions are made. Considering the list of playoff teams with new coaches, I would say that the hiring process is efficient. However, if one can't come up with more than three coaches who haven't panned out, then I think their argument is weak.

I may be old but I'm not afraid of change. Change is the only thing that forces us to make progress as human beings. Not all change is good, but remember, it's how we handle it that makes or breaks us, individually and as a society. As WS said, "How sweet are the uses of adversity." VY found that out and used it to his advantage. It is hoped Coach Fisher will do the same.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How many are new and how many are coaches on a 2nd or 3rd shot in the league?

9. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

You are 100% right. The corner stone of the true coward is stay firmly in the box he has been in for years. That's just what cowards do, they bend over, tuck their knees in their bellies put their hands over their heads and close their eyes shut praying that the loud banging at the door will just go away (See ravens former coach Billick's pre game speech before taking on the number one ranked titans at the time) I would caution you, dont ever waste your time arguing with an idiot who is afraid of change. Especially in dire times. (But you should be afraid of an idiot arguing to fix something that aint broke)

In this case however, its not all cowardice at play. One could rightly argue its just smart business sense. WE always ask "fix it if it aint broken?" Well folks why in the hell would Bud Adams fix anything if his cash register is still registering millions of dollars in profit? Why the heck would he go out and squander more money on a new coach, yet the masses in nashville, mississipi, arkansas, kentucky, hell even illinois and what should be a smuttering of texas fans still buy into the fisher bull sheet? Ruthless as it may be, it makes total business sense. The man hasnt even been scathed or even scratched by the national recession that has actually touched several teams in markets even larger than Nashville.

I nowadays tell people that one of my favorite players in the NFL is Jarmacus Russell. I even two bobble heads off ebay for the price of one (funny story about how i got the second one but i will tell it some other day). If you understand business, then my choice of the fat bust from LSU would be quite elementary to you. You would easily see why all Bud Adams has to do is just sit back and enjoy mediocrity... ITs been freakin profitable for him. If i am not mistaken, this little two tone blue fraud of a team down here in nashville was listed among the top 10 most valuable teams in the NFL right now.:hmm:

10. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

All I can say is while watching that Ravens game today, I was thinking "The Titans would never do something like this..."

"This" being go on the road in the playoffs and lay the wood on a team like New England.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar