All these accusations about Fisher are ridiculous..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because it's so obvious....

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't think he's totally sabotaging. I think he's doing just enough to keep potential good players on the bench while playing potential bad players. Then again, Fisher has a history for doing this.
    I just pretend he's trying to do badly rather than think he can do so badly at evaluating talent and situations by instinct.
    It also depends on how much part Fisher had in the draft, and free agency. If he had a big part, it even looks worse. If he had a small part, it doesn't look so bad.
    I'm not sold that he's trying to do horrible just to get out, but I do think he should be doing a heck of a lot more if he expects to keep his job. People will get that twisted though, because forums are filled with extremists that can't seem to take anything at face value without throwing it to one side or the other.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Fisher is hardly my boy.. I like him but if he was gone and the next coach was able to win I'd forget about Fish like that.. That said, you're the one that's looney if you think an NFL head coach with any integrity at all would purposely make bad calls regardless if it's Fisher or someone else..

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pitbull, where did this conspiracy come from? Obviously Gloat has picked it up in this thread, but what caused you to start this thread?

Gloat, it sounds like the reason you think Fish is a bad coach is because of some talent choices? Do you really think we can make these decisions better than the coaches? They watch the players every day in practice, have so much more exposure to them both personally and with tape, etc... We see them once a week on gameday and maybe some highlights of practice. What makes you think that you're qualified to say that Fisher is playing the "bad" talent? I agree that he probably tends to let vets play over letting rookies in early, but those are pretty close/tough calls to make, have there been any that were just definitively bad decisions? Yes, I've been frustrated with playing Sirmon and LT, but I can't definitively say that we had a better replacement at the time. We've seen a lot of good stuff out of Fisher, and I put at least a little of the credit for pulling the team back together for the second half of last season on the coaching, as well as the Vince Young factor. How have you seen enough to say that he's just a bad coach? If you're basing it on the offseason, what has fisher had to do with that? He doesn't make those personnel decisions. He gives his opinions, but it isn't his call at the end of the day. What would you say is evidence of his either "tanking" or just being a bad coach?

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Well, Coach Fisher is my boy. Yeah, Ellroy... I'm sure he is trying to sabotage his team. It totally explains why he would work an insane amount of hours, miss time from his family (so much time that he gets divorced), and miss seeing his son play college football. I am sure he would rather screw up the Titans than Hunt, Run, Fish, see his kids grow up.
    Yep, The Fish needs to be run out of town... Yep, he sucks. Yep I'll coach the team... I play Madden, I can do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar