All of you idiotic Fisher defenders...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

You all loved him when he benched VY, and we went 13-3. Fickle f**king fans... I can't wait until Fisher leaves and we have to deal with REAL mediocrity.

2. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

The firing of Bum got us Glanville, and then Jack Pardee. Still, I say its time to drop the hammer.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Your post lost all validity once I read this crap.

Today's play-calling was mediocre at best and showed that even when opponents put 8 or 9 in the box, we will run it. We have always been way too conservative. Everyone knows that, but you can't blame the man for Hope's moronic interference and the refs three huge screw-ups.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

Yeah, and then he refused to bench KC and we went 0-6 the next season with "the best team" he's ever had. Fisher is a clown, I've been saying this for a while now... he's good at developing talent and getting relatively unknown players to play well for him but his game planning is not only mediocre but its also outdated and he refuses to adapt to the league that has been changing around him for the past 10 years.

I don't see how he makes people think so highly of him. The only thing he has going for him is that he's "the longest tenured" which only really means Bud Adams is too old to realize whats going and make a change.

I'm far from fickle, if Fisher does something well, I'll stick up for him. If he f**ks up, then he has to get blamed. That goes for anyone on the team, VY and KC included. I don't get this whole "you're a hater" crap... no, its called being critical of a team you support.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Have any of you thought that it isn't the fact that Fisher doesnt have confidence in VY to throw it... He might not have any confidence in Washington Britt and Gage. Kenny Britt could have saved the day when VY threw a bomb on the money and Kenny Britt let the upset go right through his hands. Same thing in the Pittsburgh game when Washington let the ball go right through his hands. I think Kenny Britt is promising... but the other two guys are number 3s/borderline bench on many teams in this league.

I understand the premise of Fisher being the reason we have to make plays like that... But hindsight is 20/20. I dont know what hes thinking when he calls run plays on 3rd and long. I've played enough madden to know that running on 3rd and long never works.

We are a brandon marshall away from being a superbowl team. I'm just trying to give a different perspective. Maybe its not VY that fisher doesn't trust. He may not trust the receivers. Any Jared Cook sightings?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Even if Kenny had come down with an amazing catch, he wouldn't have scored the touchdown (unless the defenders pulled a Reggie Nelson vs Justin Gage and basically threw him into the endzone) and the loss would have been more painful.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fisher doesn't trust VY, that much is obvious.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I doubt anyone on this team trusts Fisher, so Vince shouldn't feel too bad about it.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He had 4 passes in the 4th quarter(Sans the 3 at the end) alone not the whole 2nd half. Those 4 passes netted 12 yards.

We only ran 11 plays the entire 4th quarter that was why we lost. 4 straight passes to begin the quarter and the 4 runs deep in our territory. Then the 3 passes at the end. That is what cost us the game our inability to get first downs and hold onto the ball.

Note that those 4 runs produced more yards than the 4 passes. 15 to 12.

One more thing, WTF does passes past the line of scrimmage have to do with anything? If the play call is a pass it is a pass. That is the crying that is going on here pertaining to the play calling.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is manipulation of stats. Totally untrue..

There were 11 pass plays called in the 2nd half(sans the final 3) what difference does it matter if the ball went past the line of scrimmage?

The complaint is about play calling and our 4th quarter play mix was 11 runs and 11 passes not counting the 3 passes at the end.

Those 11 pass plays that were called netted us 40 yards or just 4 yards a play.

11 pass plays..
    4 completions 45 yards
    5 incomplete
    1 sack -5 yards
    1 roughing penalty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar