all afc south team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

probably because he gets thrown at more than those two.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

exactly.....and plus they play that cover 2 in which he just sits there in a zone most of time reading the QB....

....i haven't seen his name on the all-pro or pro bowl team either.....

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how many wins does he have to go along with his 8 postseason losses???

Dungy is a Gayton P-man prop, and the Gayton showed him as such last year when he told Dungys ST unit to go pound sand and stayed on the field against Dungys orders.

Kubiak is unproved, but has to be an improvement for the cows.

Del Rio put an ax in the locker room for cryin' out loud. What was Gunny's line - next he will put a machine gun in the locker room and tell the guys to keep firing away.

Fisher has 1 more AFC Championship than Dungy, Kubiak and Del Rio combined. Fisher wins by default.

4. codywms

codywms Guest

Who has been to a Super Bowl? Fisher.
    Who has won an AFC championship? Fisher.

Fisher also had about 30 million in dead money last year. To use an analogy, you cant win a NASCAR race with a chevette. This year, hes going to have what? at least 15 million in dead money? Floyd's accounting has restrained Fisher's results recently. The accounting did get us a good run though, you cant doubt that.

You can make a case for Dungy that he is being influencial on the defensive side of the ball across the NFL. I think 7 or 8 teams are going to run a variation of his Tampa 2 scheme next year. Tampa's front office liked it enough to keep all of his defensive coaches under contract while they fired Dungy and his offensive staff (The team he built did pretty well after he left too). Remember, he was fired basically for lackluster results in the post season in Tampa.

In my mind with equal circumstances (cap numbers, injuries,etc.) i'll take Fisher easy. Like GoT said, hes does have more AFC crowns than the rest combined (Fisher=1, rest =0) . He's produced results at a higher level than Dungy has with either of his teams. Gary Kubiak is unproven as a head coach. Del Rio has lost a wild card game as a head coach.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank goodness for the miracle!

Without that music city miracle you guys wouldn't know what to say. That one play is the difference between jeff fisher being worth a damn and not. Without that one play fisher's playoff record is 2-4 and you don't have the trump card of that one super bowl.

Is that all there is?

Fisher was very fortunate to even be the coach of this team. As interim coach in 1994 he was 1-5. Would you make a permanant hire of a guy who movtivated the troops to a 1-5 record?

And then there is the clueless one GoT who will bash our defensive coordinator nonstop but never has a complaint for the guy who hired him, defends him and keeps him on apparently forever.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well Roll the play did happen so it is a moot point.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny....

It was a desperation play in which success or failure is largely due to the cover team playing stupid. The bills special teams coach lost his job after that.

Another play that comes to mind is an off tackle running play on a 3rd and goal at the 4 against one of the best run defenses(ravens 2000 playoff loss) ever. Might as well just line up for the FG on 3rd down with that defeatist attitude. Note that our QB was steve mcnair. Not great coaching.

You know this was not a well coached team last year gunny.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Of course I know but the thinking is a bit silly.

Based on that thinking, Fisher could have a Superbowl ring if Dyson ran one yard deeper...it just doesnt matter.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What a great coach does...

A great coach takes a team and coaches them UP to a higher level than their talent. Correct? Does jeff fisher do that? Has he done that recently?

When jeff fisher doesn't have the talent to win guess what, he doesn't win. Just like any average coach would do. Give an average coach a 4-12 team and he'll go 4-12. So how is making excuses for failure prove that fisher is any good?

There are coaches in the hall of fame that won with great talent. I don't know of any who lost with bad talent that made the hall. Do you?

In a 7-8 year period an average coach will have maybe one year where he rises up and coaches a team to a higher level than their talent. An average coach has maybe one year in that time where they will stink. Fisher was great in 2002 but stunk in 2005. Fisher takes teams with good talent and wins and when he doesn't have good talent he losses. How is that great coaching?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

I'm willing to give fisher credit for his accomplishment i just wanted to put it in perspective. We had a great team that year with loads of talent and almost didn't make it out of the wild card rd.

And no a dyson TD on that play wouldn't have given us a win. It would have tied the game. 23-23 going into overtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar