Alge Crumpler CUT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I will seriously question the committment of our front-office personell if they dont at least announce they are in the running...

We. Must. Do. This. Now.
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

The style of our front office is such that the only time we know they're interested in a player is if it is leaked by non local media.

They like to keep everything under the radar.
  3. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I understand that, but I also understand how badly we need a TE of his caliber.

If he's not a Titan when all's said and done, I will be HIGHLY disappointed in our FO's efforts to help this organization move forward. Picking a couple of slack-jaws in the draft year after year hasn't worked...they NEED Crumpler for cryin' out loud. You know Heimerdinger would drool if we picked him up.

If somebody else snags him, I will seriously question the efforts of our front office.
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why are posters writing as if he is the only big name TE available? LJ smith is a free agent and while the colts will likely tag clark he at this moment is an UFA. Also there is shockey out there as a possible trade.. we have options but needless to say a bigger name TE needs to be making nashville his home this year..
  5. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Crumpler is far and away better than LJ Smith.
  6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

LJ Smith was Franchise Tagged about two weeks ago.
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

We're not getting LJ Smith and we're not getting Dallas Clark (both due to the franchise tag).

The only other decent tight end is Shockey, who would take a 2nd round pick and would be a locker room cancer. Crumpler can be had for nothing.

That's why people like me are so desperate for us to get Crumpler. After him, there's a huge drop-off in free agent TEs. I don't want to end up with Jeramy Stevens.
  8. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

They can't be in the running if Crumpler doesn't decide to talk to the team. If he has his heart set on going to Carolina then that's that...
  9. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Shockey in a Titans uniform probably wouldn't be a great idea. The guy has physical AND mental issues...
  10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Smith has already been tagged, Clark probably will be, and I read somewhere that the Giants aren't actually shopping Shockey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.