Alge Crumpler CUT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought he was 30 which wouldn't be too bad for a 2-3 year deal if he still has even close to the ability he did have. Maybe not a long term guy, but if he can be a cheap good player for a few years, I'd be fine with trying it.

I'm interested in other DT's though, like Williams and Kelly.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He can still play but he isn't as dominant as he once was. He has a chronic left knee problem and in the second half of the season last year he averaged 30 yards a game receiving when he has averaged 50 a game in his career.

He did have the 3 catch 67 yd game at the end of the season but the falcons obviously don't think he is the same guy as before. He is 30.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Some interesting comments on Crumpler. The Panthers and Seahawks are rumored to be interested. But this article mentions how Crumpler has to clear waivers. I assume that means the Panthers would get a shot to sign him before the Titans though I'd thought Crumpler was a free agent since he'd been in the league so long.

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/496655.html

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"Players with four or more years of credited service whose contracts are terminated in the offseason are automatically eligible to sign with any team. Players with less than four years of service are subject to waivers before becoming free agents."

That's the best info I can find. Mike Wahle didn't have to clear waivers when he was cut last week, so I don't see why Crumpler would have to. Maybe the Charlotte newspaper is wrong.

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I don't know much about Crumpler, other than I saw him single-handedly tear Pittsburgh a new "A" maybe something like 400 days ago? Look those game stats up. You'll see.

I say they should seriously check him out.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Nevermind, I looked them up:

10/22/06

TE Alge Crumpler, Rec: 6 rec - 117 yds - 3 TD's

"If it weren’t for Michael Vick, Crumpler would have been the player of the game. He was often mismatched with smaller DBs and had no reservations about running them over, or dragging them into the end zone, which he managed to do three times. His 117 yards are one yard shy of his personal best when he had 118 in Week 10 of the 2004 season. He had long gains of 22 yards (his first touchdown), 23, 26 and 31 (his third touchdown). His second score went for three yards in traffic with three defenders on him."

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree. I think the Charlotte paper is wrong here.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Read an article (maybe on ESPN?) alking about how Crumpler really wanted to land in Charlotte coming out of the draft... lots of ties in NC. They need a TE about as bad as we do, so the competition for him will be stiff. Even if his health is a question I'd love to seriously look at him - he's got plenty of years left and he's torn the Titans up on numerous occasions. We've never gotten over losing Wycheck, and as much as I like Scaife we have to find a really solid veteran TE.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wasn't impressed with Crumpler when Redman was throwing to him on the prime time game. Poor effort and execution- indicative of head games.

And for Troupe-

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar