Alge Crumpler CUT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

First off, I'm sure you're right about them checking whether or not anyone would be interested in a trade, that said it seems kinda weird that nobody would be willing to give a late rounder to guarantee that they'd get him, of course it could just be a matter of nobody wanting to take his contract, and if that's the case then he's going to have to settle for less than he wants.

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Guest

I agree, and there are a lot of woes to cure.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's not healthy..

This guy was having a hall of fame career and had 4 straight years where he averaged 860 yards and made the pro bowl every year from 03-06. 2 of those years he was first team all pro. To cut him just to save $5M suggests he is not healthy..

Worth looking into no question.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Who?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If he's healthy, I think we'll see Crumpler make a number of visits around the league.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why is everyone so sure that he's not healthy?

I think there's evidence to suggest that he's just fine. He had a monster game in week 17, so he sure seemed to be feeling healthy that week.

I think the Falcons are trying to start fresh. Crumpler had a big cap number, had publicly come out and said that he didn't like the coaches (I know Petrino's gone, but not everyone in the front office is gone and Crumpler may have issues with several of them) and had stated his support for Vick. I think that last one is the kicker. The Falcons are going to want to completely wash their hands of Vick.

It's definitely weird that they didn't try to trade him for a 6th rounder (IMO they would have been able to get at least that for sure), but maybe they just wanted to clean house as quickly and efficiently as possible.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What about Rod Coleman's health? Anyone know why he missed several games this year? He'd fit our scheme very well if he's still got gas in the tank.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Coleman hurt his shoulder I think in a boating accident. He is not a guy who broke down on the field and I think he may still have something left.

I have been a big Rod Coleman fan for years now. He would be a great fit.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well if he's healthy, we should surely look at him. He gets to the QB and in the backfield, and healthy he's an upgrade from Brown. I think he'd earn the starter spot and Brown would be good depth along with Johnson.

10. His age is a concern, but he would have been an awesome tandem with Haynesworth in his prime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar