Alge Crumpler CUT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Crumpler and Sciafe would be sick. Having Crump would help us take pressure off of VY and the WRs. I just hope Carolina or Miami doesn't grab him.

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

DO WANT. Let all the others throw offers at Shockey, I want Alge and I want him now. If he was really let go because of his support for Vick, that's even better, because though I sure as hell don't agree with him, it's Atlanta's issue, not ours. This one feels so right I can just see it happening within the next couple minutes, though why do I have this awful feeling he'll go somewhere like Miami? Surely it's just a bad feeling.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Competition for Crumpler will be hot. Seattle and Carolina are two prime places for him.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Right now is when we find out whether MR is ready to start flexing his cap space muscle.

If we lose Crumpler to a team like Seattle who is willing to pay marginally more (or perhaps even marginally less but can seduce him by saying that he has a good chance for a ring, like what happened with us and Stallworth last offseason), I'll be pissed.

It's time to open the wallet. I'm not saying $70 million over 8 years or something crazy like that, but offer him enough that he can't turn us down. How often are we gonna have the chance to pick up exactly what we need without having to trade back anything?

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yeh it would be nice to get him...real nice...an its def a need for us rigt now...and who ever said troupe too...i wouldnt be so against it...sure he's been droppin passes left an right...but he could come for cheap....maybe like a chris brown type thing....he left for open market but came bak...that would be nice...plus troupe has shown glimses an learning frim alge also i like

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Heres a vet who is still very hungry, a 4 time Pro Bowler, great blocker and can be the go to guy when you need a 1st down, Id love to see him in two tone blue

7. My question is why didn't they just trade him for a mid-round pick. The guy may not be worth a #1, but he still has trade value (presumably). Unless he couldn't have passed a physical, I really don't see why they wouldn't just work out a deal to ship him off to another team in 2 weeks. Clearly the cap wasn't an immediate concern and now they can't get anything for him.

That just makes me think his health may be a significant problem...

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I would think we might be able to use that line some this offseason, we're basically a good passing target or two away from being a great team.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Falcons are re-building and don't need to be paying a TE coming off an injury plagued season more than the franchise tag amount at his position.

I love the idea of Crumpler. We can go 2 TEs with Scaife and Crumpler and have 2 good receiving TEs and still a decent blocker in Crumpler or we could go Crumpler and Hartsock and have 2 good blocking TEs and still a good receiving threat in Crumpler.

Crumpler is the complete TE that we are missing.

As long as he is healthy he would make as much if not more of an impact than over paying for a #2 WR.

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I just think that most teams realized that if they just waited Crumpler would become available without having to give up personell or draft picks. If they thought they had a good plan and offer to acquire Crumpler or any of the other players let go why offer anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar