Alex Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 25, 2012.

?
  1. Yes - 2nd rounder

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Yes - 3rd rounder

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Yes - 4th rounder

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Yes - 5th rounder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - But I'd only persue him if he was released

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  6. No

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Debate if you want, I'm just interested to see.

People said there isn't much QB talent in the draft....

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

If Roman is our HC then I could see it working

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Only if released. I want to give Locker the benefit of the doubt and say alot of his struggles had to do with injuries on the offensive line and the changes/ineptitude at OC. Give him this year, improve the line, and see what he can do. If he doesn't work out, there's always the year after to maybe grab a guy like Manziel (if he comes out) as someone posted in another thread. But of the QBs in this year's draft, one I would keep an eye on would be Tyler Wilson. He's one tough dude.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No.

We don't have the pieces he would need to succeed. There would be no point. The 9ers are the perfect team for him. A team like the Vikings would also be a perfect fit for him, but they're going to stick with Ponder.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like Alex Smith, but I want to give Locker a legit shot at this point.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Munch won't even be fired so I don't see why this is being debated.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Kirk Cousins

8. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Let us hope locker pans out or we got the wool pulled over our eyes about the real problems in Tennessee.

Remember, the Titans needed leadership and discipline and a certain former qb was holding the locker room back........what's the excuse now?

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I thought you guys would be more willing to trade for him.... Interesting...

The thing is with Alex, he's had a new offensive coordinator and coaches seemingly every year. If we were to bring him here, and give him some good coaches and consistency, I think he can really excel with the weapons we got here on offense and move his game to the next level (i.e. more prolific passer vs more of a game manager role he had in SF)....

I think if Kaps continues to succeed, he will be more and more unhappy and will want out. In that case, they could release him, but instead of going into a bidding war and over-paying, I'd love to strike a deal for a 4th or 3rd rounder maybe, and sign him to a decent value 2-3 year deal, and see what we got with him here.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think it's an excellent idea to get on a faster track. I don't believe that Locker has it. Definitely never will develop into anything other than backup material with ANY of this coaching staff.

Munchak hitched his wagon to Locker so we're stuck with Locker if Munchak doesn't get canned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar