Alex Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyrex, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

I already post this on another thread but here it goes again.

Not that I disagee with you, but did you notice that Smith has a higher completions percentage this season than Orton. And this is a stat that I really value.

And I still remember Orton saying that the Titans were cheap... Not cool!! So if the choice was between trade a pick for Orton or sign Smith, I would pick Smith.

2. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

According to Orton, he would never play for them "dirty" Titans.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Kinda a wussy statement, but we were one of the most penalized teams in the league. Wussy, but probably accurate.

As for him maybe becoming a Titan, I'll support anyone who can just complete a 3rd down pass every once in a while.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Yeah I'm certainly not discounting Smith as a decent prospect.

In a perfect world, Rusty can progress enough to take the starting job and remove all doubt for the future of the team. The kid still has a great deal of potential. If he can get his accuracy and reads a bit better, he's got a hell of an arm to do it with.

I look for Rusty to progress a LOT if we wisen up and dedicate a lot of the offseason to helping him like we did for VY so many years. Rusty wants to be a great QB, we just have to get him the guidance.

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

He's had something like 6 different offensive systems in his career so who knows how good he is. He needs some stability, that's for sure. If he's smart he will stay in SF under Harb's westcoast offense.

6. 24

24 Starter

If Seattle doesn't resign him, I say we go after Matt Hasselbeck.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

How about we bring in Matt Leinart and Alex Smith and we just let them fight it out for the starting job and the loser gets backup duty.

I still want McNabb.

8. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I'm a SF fan, as well as an Alex Smith fan, and think Alex needs a new team. He's been here too long and the fanbase is just too jaded. I do think he's continued to show potential and poise while being booed by his home fans. But 1 new coordinator each year plus injury problems haven't helped him.

Of the free agent QBs, he seems the most doable. But for sure bring in or draft someone else to compete with him.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I tend to agree with you, but in the one game he did start, the Titans coaches saw something that they REALLY didn't like, because he went from the #1 guy to #3, behind Simms. I always wondered what it was because I thought he did decently given the circumstances. No Britt, no time to throw, and our defense was awful.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My only problem with him is that when the 49ers were trying to drive for a win/lead in the last quarter he'd turn it over.

Otherwise I am fine with bringing him in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar