Alex Smith visits Dolphins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm definitely concerned about Manning and 49ers.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

49ers make the most sense. They are the best all around team in the Manning race. They have a good defense which Manning will appreciate and they just signed Randy Moss. I bet Manning is drooling over the prospect of throwing to Moss and Vernon Davis. Plus that division is terrible. He would get to play the Cards, Hawks, and Rams 2x's per year. That is a guaranteed 6 wins per year which would just about be enough to win the division in its self. Manning could play like crap and they would still win that division with ease. If Manning is seriously wanting a SB he will go to the 49ers. If he wants the money he will come here or go to the Broncos.

Not to say that we won't be a good team next year cause I think we will, but the 49ers have all the pieces in place. We still quite a bit of building to do.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think if he signs with us, it's automatically money. He knows we're a GREAT team with him at QB.

I think playing in the NFC vs. Eli is a huge factor.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I think Smith signs with the 49ers later today or tomorrow.

Seems like it's just a leverage play by both sides (49ers using Manning, Smith using Dolphins).

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Also Dolphins using Smith maybe in hopes Flynn brings price down

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If Peyton thinks he can come here and make an above average team great, then wouldn't he think he could make a team that was great last year (without a good QB) phenomenal?

I don't see why playing Eli would play into it. He has played Eli before. Its not like they can both win the SB if they play in different conferences. Either way at least one (and probably both) are bound to get knocked out at some point without getting a ring.

Plus, you know that it is eating Peyton alive that his little bro has more rings than he does. Peyton needs another ring, and the 49ers are almost there anyway.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Of course, but factors in we're in AFC South where he's extremely comfortable, similar lifestyle to what he's accustomed too as opposed to moving to SF (too different of a lifestyle) and NFC where Eli is.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Personally I'm more worried the Broncos get him more than the 49'ers.

I think old and future loyalties mean a lot to Manning.

If he signs with us he'll face the Colts twice a year, and comptete for division titles against them, not to mention the possibility of eliminating them in the playoffs.

But I think the thought of playing in the NFC and having the possibly of knocking his Cro-Magnon brother out of the playoffs is a huge deterrent.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think knocking out his brother would be more of a deterrent than knocking out the Colts. They cut him, he didn't want to leave.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Word over here is
    Flynn 70%
    Smith 30%

The Dolphins would rather have Flynn and Flynn knows it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar