Albert Haynesworth indicated Wednesday that he has no plans to re-up with the Titans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's not Jesus

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Titans blew this one.

We just gave away our best player because of money. Money that will look like a piddley drop in the bucket by next year.

Stupid.

Whether or not this works out, because of Jones, it was a bad move. Borderline horrendous.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

as good as AH is we have no choice but to let him walk if he wats stupid money. Paying out the arse for one player never works unless the guy is a QB. Teams have almost 100% of the time scewed themselves when they have gon out andover paid for one guy.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Disagree completely. The best players in the league are paid well. Most of them are worth it. Those players win games.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think it's better to draft guys and extend them when they show the pro bowl potential... which is a better value? Making a sandwich at home and taking it to work or stepping out to Subway everyday? Snyder obviously has something in common with Jared if you know what I'm saying...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

1. QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh $ 27,701,920

2. DE Jared Allen, Minnesota $ 21,119,256

3. WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona $ 17,103,480

4. QB JaMarcus Russell, Oakland $ 16,872,400

5. RB Michael Turner, Atlanta $ 16,003,840

6. G Chris Snee, N.Y. Giants $ 14,890,000

7. CB Asante Samuel, Philadelphia $ 14,145,000

8. WR Randy Moss, New England $ 14,006,720

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Almost all made the playoffs.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

so did the Titans... we grew a probowler out of KVB...
    there's the answer to Allen, eh?

Collins was a value fa pick-up... is he a Rothlisberger? well, in fairness the Steelers drafted Ben... we can't help it if Vince is a bust...

Fitzy was a drafted player... I think we all agree we should spend draft capital there... so what is the point exactly?

JaMarcus Russell = Vince Young :eh?:

Turner vs. C.J. ??? point?

Chris Snee? FA Scott... VALUE!

Asante Samuel + If Pacman wasn't a retard I have an answer for that one too! What about Finnegan? boo-yah!

WR Randy Moss, New England $ 14,006,720

We should go after a top wr... again... I'm sure that is a point of agreement amongst all... but we have a team philosophy that curiously doesn't feature a dominate wr... I want that to change...

but the Titans actually made the playoffs...

9. PhiSlammaJamma

The point is, the teams that spend money on top players get the value back. They don't suffer as someone illuded too. The titans made the playoffs because they spent money. They spent 122 million last year. They will suffer if they don't, and they didn't. It's just stupid to not pay the top player on your team.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

but history has shown that the Redskins have overspent on the very top tier of fa, gambled and lost... Tennessee was willing to pay him more than any DT... we just were not going to pay him more than anyone in the NFL...

does anyone have a 100 million dollar contract? Manning? Palmer? Brady?

he's a #$@%&*! defensive tackle...

I like AUDIs... but I don't drive one...

I could do a Volkswagon though...

It's unwise to put too many eggs in one basket. That's what the Redskins do. That was the point the other poster had.
    It's a question of how...

The Titans will reap the benefits of still having money to spend on other needs. Albert would suck us dry.

Albert is like a playstation on the launch date...

I'm not going on ebay to pay $1000 or more for a game console to keep up with the Jones'... we offered fair market and the Redskins and Bucs wanted to overspend...

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar