Albert Haynesworth indicated Wednesday that he has no plans to re-up with the Titans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I agree.....this is where the fundamental problems begin with a contract for Big Al. We as Titan fans and our Front Office will not(should not) go any further than a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th. Everything that we are hearing is in the 7 year range. Statistically, the money is not even close. However, the Titans are right in my opinion of not offering more than 3-4 years. For one, they know Fat Al and his work ethic, or sometimes lack of. Second, someone please name the last 330lb DT who played at an All-Pro level for 13-14 years??? Nice try.. Al has only played 2 outstanding years, and he and his body are getting older. If he would've shown this promise as a rook or a 2nd year guy, and built from there, he would've already made his money. But instead he wasted 5 years playing LenDale White's game, and consequently will lose his big payday with the Ultra-Conservative Titans. Not to say that he's going to lose his payday, someone stupid enough will gladly offer him a 7-8 yr deal(what a joke), just like the Raiders did to everyone they signed last year who they have coincidentally released already this year. This is like the Derrick Dockery contract, after a year or two, the team is just ready to move on to a more viable asset such as a younger player than deal with an underachieving, already greedy rich 31 year-old.

Like I said a long time ago, if it was me, I'd offer him a 1yr 15mil deal. He wouldn't except it, but at least he gets what he wants, big money, and we get what we want; another year of a motivated Fat Al.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, what does your opinion on intelligence matter anyway? I mean, you judge intelligence by speech right? So anyone with a southern accent is automatically not smart in your book.

I wouldn't say his braindead mistakes are due to lack of intelligence, but more aggression issues. Unless you are suggesting aggression problems are related to intelligence issues, which could very well be the case.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Actions doesn't really indicate intelligence or lack of.

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I dont know about you but that whole stomping incident lacked plenty of intelligence in my opinion:rolleyes:

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Poor guy...he probably will only get 30+ million guaranteed. I am not sure how he will be able to make it.

Dude will have some mighty fine spinners on that HoverRound...and with his money there will be women lined up willing to wipe his butt....

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

In the heat of the moment is when the lack of intelligence shows, but it doesn't mean he is an all round dumb person.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Well, his agent is a smart guy. :grrhee:

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

What I don't get is haynesworth's statement. "I want to show that I'm better than I was in Tennessee" First off. What the hell does that mean? You were pretty much as good as it gets in Tennessee, and in no way shape or form does being better then you were a season ago mean you have to leave the city completely.

"It's not about the money, It's about being great" Obviously its about the money. Anytime you say its not about the money, its about the money.

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

at this point i say screw him, he aint going to get that kind of money to begin with. If someone pays him that kind of money then shame on them, im just glad it wont be us beacuse id rather lock up bulluck, vanden bosch and some of our other young and talented players that want to be here. In the beggining i wanted him back but now im against it. Jones is a good enough replacement if he can put on some weight, def better then spending 100 mill for a fat shlub who doesnt even play everydown. The only downfall to this is if we dont go get a guy thats proven at de or dt we need to make that a priority in the draft which means cb and wr come 2nd and 3rd

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I think the Titans are going to make one last offer to AH before midnight which i'm sure we're going to hear about tomorrow,now the question is whether or not its going to be a enough to get him back,probably not but i sure as hell wouldnt mind listening to the conversation his agent and MR are going to have..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar