Albert Haynesworth indicated Wednesday that he has no plans to re-up with the Titans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

OR... please STFU and go dip both index and middle fingers in your sink's garbage disposal so we don't have to read your damn annoying posts every damn day.

besides.. what are you doing out of Smack Central?
    Here.. go back to this thread:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=46113

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's about what I am seeing here and I doubt if it is enough.

Guarantee him $35 mil in a six-year deal. Escalate the contract that balloons in years five and six. It can be for $75 mil if it means $35 mil is set for the final two seasons.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd have to strongly agree with the poster who questions the description of Albert Haynesworth as "extremely intelligent." Compared to a rock or a stump, yes. Not so much when compared to most human beings.

That's too harsh, he's not a dumb guy, but he does make some dumb statements. This isn't one of them, but he makes plenty of them.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm kinda hazy on the guaranteed money bit.
    If 35M is guaranteed over six years, would the FO still have to pay him that should he get a career ending injury or something? And what about if they wind up having to cut him because he is not peforming up to standards?

It seems like they'd be 'we'll guarantee you this money, but only if you perform up to standards. If you don't, you will get released and you won't get all of that money.'

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I completely agree. But see, that's our guideline. I think the Titans start by guaranteeing $36M over 3 years and try to stop around $39M ($13M x 3) or $40M ($13 1/3M x 3). So right off the bat I think the Titans are in the $40M guaranteed ballpark.

Where it will get crazy is who will guarantee his salary across 4 years? Which team will close their eyes and be okay with paying 4 years worth of salary and getting 3 years, maybe 2.5 worth of production? I think that's what Tampa Bay and the Glazers may be trying, but we'll see. If someone's willing to do that, we're out, and rightfully so.

6. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

lol... damn this guy is having a great day!!

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

""The team that gives me the money I get- I want to prove I'm worth every penny; to teammates, coaches, fans and the naysayers," Haynesworth told Walsh. "I want to show I'm better than I was in Tennessee. It's not about the money, it's about being great."

He also threw the Giants into the mix for the first time as a possible landing spot, along with the Buccaneers. In fairness, he didn't rule out a return to Tennessee, but this guy is looking to get paid and the Titans don't seem to want to break the bank on him."

Upon further review, the hidden message could be that if he were to re-sign here, he would give the same effort he's given the last two. The "I'm better than I was in Tennessee" is just the barb to the org we've been discussing.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Haynesworth 09 = Odom 08
    Antwan said the same thing last year.. Currently resides in the "where are they now" bin..

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I thought Odom had a decent year last season? No?

Either way, AH and odom doesnt seem a good comparison to me.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Antwan said he wanted to prove something to The Titans is what I'm saying.
    He went down in camp and barely played in 08. I think he'll be cut by next season..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar