Al Davis torch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To honer the late Al Davis the Raiders have a torce going during game days, IDK if its lit all the time but I see it on game days. Anyways, is this something wed do for Bud Adams? I would hope so, looks pretty good. And as Titans shouldnt we already have this going? Seems fitting considering were Titans that something be set on fire....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

BigTT has been advocating this since the name change was announced

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Cue me. Yes we should have a fifty foot olympic style torch that goes off every time we score. Put one up on the top of the scoreboards in each end zone. Can you image how spectacular it would look, especially for night games. For day games to make it more visible some type of chemical would have to be added I suppose, I will let the more scientific of you decide what to add to make the flame more visible. It would be awesome and tie into our "Titans" name. Also it would greatly help in making our stadium less "cookie cutter" and give it something to make it and the game day experience stand out. Yeah we have fire works, everyone does.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Gasoline.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

That would be pretty awesome ...

Its a shame that none of us on the board happen to be billionaires and could buy the Titans. I know if I were that rich, I would pour as much money as it took into the Titans to make them the most badass team of all time (I think a lot of us would).

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Giant middle finger for Bud TDs:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

But think about what it would do to the environment.....couldn't we just use confetti?

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

For old time sake they could play the Houston Oilers song.

Actually, I would love for them to do that when the Texans come to town. Then Nashville can be all like "We stole your football team! We stole your football team!"

9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

We've all agreed for years to make statues of Titans (Gladiator Style) around the top of the stadium. Then add torches in their hand, and have the torches go off when the team runs on to the field and every touchdown (stole that part from Big TT). Make each Titan statue have the face of a Titan all time great (Bud, Steve, Eddie, Bruce, Frank, Keith).
    Disclaimer: Titans all time greats were my opinion (feel free to insert your own opinion).

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Great idea, but the idea of Bud's face on a 'gladiator' style statue would not work well haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar