Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tru Blu, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

facts are facts

FWIW I really want Morgan too suceed, but I apparently want it more than he does. Sadly true with lots of Titans

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How are the two mutually exclusive exactly?

Rehabbing an ACL is not a 24/7/365 thing. Depending on where you're at, you do a little a bit of strength work and agility, but low impact (65-70%). Nothing that couldn't be done in Africa. So unless you're privy to his personal routines, you can't say that the trip to Africa had any adverse effect on his knee.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

How is it after one game you make a judgement on a player (Ayers) saying it was pretty much a fluke of a game and that he is going to suck anyway

Then start a thread about CJ handicapping our team and say you were right all along (even though he was handed the ball only 9 times)?

The math just doesnt add up:sad2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Ayers was impressive and he has a long way to go to shut up all the haters.

Before the Jags I was thinking that ayers was overrated by most of the people here and some UCLA fan's (just like verner)but he prove me wrong he has another level.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If he was a pro he would put rehabbing his body ahead of a personal poetry project or feeding penguines or whatever it was he was doing on the other side of the globe while ignoring his responsibilities too the Titans.

plenty of other players have dedicated themselves to their rehab work instead of making it a secondary, at best, consideration.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What?...

I've said Ayers would suck- then gave him props for being one of the few good spots Sunday.

So what exactly are you talking about not adding up?... I just pretty much admitted to being wrong so far.

Read.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It doesn't say 1st rnd draft pick desperate to play.

If it was me I'd be in a hyperbaric chamber and the pool every day. Morgan is a bust at this point as a pro athlete. I want to hear some hunger from him to play.

I'm with GoT. He'll have all the time in the world to go off on a jolly after he's finished playing.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Morgan is a bum..very disappointed. I was very excited about his potential.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Realistically a big guy recoving from an ACL isn't going to be full speed until 18-24 months after the surgery.

Harsh to call a guy who got hurt a bum but he's certainly on notice.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

You are right, but why do we say he is close to 100% in camp? Why not let him rebuild and restrengthen instead of pushing him and setting him back. I only call him a bum from thinking the guy isn't giving himself every opportunity to get back to full strength ASAP. We certainly need him and if he never turns into a halfway decent DE then we wasted a first round pick and it sets our defense and entire team back a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar