Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Comparing him to any good nfl LB is ridiculous.

Yeah, he looks ok on his "highlights"... watch the highlight/lowlight videos. He stinks it up 80% of the time.

His play vs teams like Oregon, Cal, and Temple was absolutely embarrassing.
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I agree at times he looks out of place. They did use him all over the field, DE, OLB and MLB. I don't think he is the kind of guy who can do those kind of things in the NFL and be successful. He looks more consistent as a rush OLB or DE. I still think the ultimate move is to become more of a 3-4 team and play him at OLB. Until they make the switch he will be a joker like LB.
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So now the objective is to make our defense fit him and not the other way around? We have almost no 3-4 type players!

We could have drafted a 3-4 NT in Powe as late as the 5th rd and did not. I'm tired of hearing about this really.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I was trying to think of an NFL comparison for Akeem Ayers, and I think I found the perfect one: Anthony Spencer (Cowboys).
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Couldn't agree with you more dude. We have 0 NTs, JJ could probably do 3-4 DE, I don't think Tony Brown could. Derrick Morgan would be stuck, I don't see his excelling in 3-4 OLB or DE. Ayers would be our only 3-4 OLB, and he's not even that good at rushing the passer. Who would be our ILB? Witherspoon and McRath? That's nothing great. We would need almost a complete overhaul to run a 3-4, we'd need a NT, a couple 34 DE, a new LB corp.
  6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

This isn't coming from us, this is coming from Jerry Gray, our DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. We're also going to try to get a vet DT in free agency which could easily be an NT.
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Silly. I wonder who the heck is going to play DE, OLB, and ILB in the "34" considering we have no talent in any of those positions for the 34 D. :hmm:
  8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm not saying I'm some 34 D guru, I'm just saying Jerry Gray apparently feels we can show a 34 look. I'd trust his opinion over anyone's on this forum, even my own. lol.
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

True that, he must see something we don't. Or he has a "secret weapon"!

We should do pickup the underachieving bust Vernon Gholston, why not? He'd be cheap, could have some depth at DE and then we could use him as a 3-4 OLB when we show that look.
  10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think we might see some guys adding some weight too. But yeah there are a few guys we can still target in FA.

Sometimes I think people are in this mindset of the usual year where we are pretty much already set with our roster at this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.