Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Comparing him to any good nfl LB is ridiculous.

Yeah, he looks ok on his "highlights"... watch the highlight/lowlight videos. He stinks it up 80% of the time.

His play vs teams like Oregon, Cal, and Temple was absolutely embarrassing.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree at times he looks out of place. They did use him all over the field, DE, OLB and MLB. I don't think he is the kind of guy who can do those kind of things in the NFL and be successful. He looks more consistent as a rush OLB or DE. I still think the ultimate move is to become more of a 3-4 team and play him at OLB. Until they make the switch he will be a joker like LB.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So now the objective is to make our defense fit him and not the other way around? We have almost no 3-4 type players!

We could have drafted a 3-4 NT in Powe as late as the 5th rd and did not. I'm tired of hearing about this really.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was trying to think of an NFL comparison for Akeem Ayers, and I think I found the perfect one: Anthony Spencer (Cowboys).

5. xpmar9x

Couldn't agree with you more dude. We have 0 NTs, JJ could probably do 3-4 DE, I don't think Tony Brown could. Derrick Morgan would be stuck, I don't see his excelling in 3-4 OLB or DE. Ayers would be our only 3-4 OLB, and he's not even that good at rushing the passer. Who would be our ILB? Witherspoon and McRath? That's nothing great. We would need almost a complete overhaul to run a 3-4, we'd need a NT, a couple 34 DE, a new LB corp.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

This isn't coming from us, this is coming from Jerry Gray, our DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. We're also going to try to get a vet DT in free agency which could easily be an NT.

7. xpmar9x

Silly. I wonder who the heck is going to play DE, OLB, and ILB in the "34" considering we have no talent in any of those positions for the 34 D. :hmm:

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm not saying I'm some 34 D guru, I'm just saying Jerry Gray apparently feels we can show a 34 look. I'd trust his opinion over anyone's on this forum, even my own. lol.

9. xpmar9x

True that, he must see something we don't. Or he has a "secret weapon"!

We should do pickup the underachieving bust Vernon Gholston, why not? He'd be cheap, could have some depth at DE and then we could use him as a 3-4 OLB when we show that look.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think we might see some guys adding some weight too. But yeah there are a few guys we can still target in FA.

Sometimes I think people are in this mindset of the usual year where we are pretty much already set with our roster at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar