Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's definitely a better blitzer than run-stuffer at this point. He's going to be a bit of a project, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. Let's see what the coaches can do with him.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't want to nit pick but Martez Wilson or Mason Foster would have been better picks. I hope i'm wrong.

The hype from Mike Keith on 104.5 was incredible. He called him a great pass rusher who had "14 sacks in 4 years". Actually he had 11 in his 3 best years. I'm sorry but 3-4 sacks and 9-10 TFL are hardly indications of a dynamic play maker.

Bigger than a typical Titan OLB but more physical?

The real kicker is his cone time. 7.49. That sucks even for a 280 lbs DE prospect. JJ Watt ran a 6.88 at 290. Bowers with a bad knee ran a sub 7.00 on his pro day. Marvin Austin at 309 ran a 7.33!!!! This on the same combine field with the same clocks. He improved to 7.19 on his pro day which is hardly eye popping for an OLB either.

7.49 doesn't suggest to me that he could be a good in coverage.

3. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Troll! I thought you up and moved to Carolina now to be one of Cam's three fans?! How's he doing this morning?.. did he have butter on his toast?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Somebody needs to tell Jeff that an under aged poster is on the board.

What are you 3 years old?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Does getting Ayers now mean we won't be using a 4th on Mark Herzlich? He is still on the board. Would be a great chance this late in the draft.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The 4th round isn't exactly "late" in the draft. Might not be the best time to be taking big chances on guys.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We have 2 picks in the 4th...let's make them count.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm talking about a guy who was the ACC defensive player of the year and then beat cancer. Worth a chance late in the 4th rd.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Normally I would say you can't base how good a player will be based on his combine #s, you got to look at tape. Sadly, for Ayers that doesn't help his case. Ayers film and combine doesn't impress me either, but I'm still not hating on the guy.

I would of rather had Martez Wilson... mostly because I'm an Illini fan :) Martez could be our starting MLB, if Tulloch leaves. But he's fast enough and athletic enough for a 43 OLB. Plus, aren't we beefing up McRath so he can be our "hybrid" OLB... if not, we could of gotten Herzlich in the 4th/5th to be that guy. Just saying. I'm happy with Ayers also!

10. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

nah man... just turned 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar