Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

He can't be worse than any of our other linebackers

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He can be, and most certainly is.

Our other linebackers can't cover.

Akeem Ayers can't tackle or cover. I'll take the other guys.

3. gran54

gran54 Starter

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm so glad we have deuce here to tell us how wrong our team always is in who they draft. We're very fortunate to have an actual psychic where as most forums probably don't. While were at it we should probably draft Ricky Stanzi since Jake Locker is going to bust. Besides, we gotta keep Stanzi away from the Vikings. If they actually drafted him they'd have the best tandem of QBs in the NFL in 5 years!

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You don't have to be psychic.

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV9E-uT6PgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMqEw5XDQ84&feature=related

Painfully bad.

Half the time he's not even relevant.

And we should draft Stanzi. Let him compete with Locker. Winner starts, loser gets traded...

I like my LBs to look as if they like hitting people. Ayers looks scared to hit even the smallest guys on the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OeiwZVjzI&feature=related

^C'mon man... he's just not very good. Guys like this, I'm not sure where their hype comes from, but it's not their play. Maybe from a few "plays" but not overall play.
    A 5'5 rb ran right through his arm tackles several times, then he lucks out at the end (after falling down from no contact, mind you) as the qb throws the ball right to him. lol

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I kindof agree with Deuce... He is a horrific tackler; I don't think he's a big fan of hitting or contact, and he has no technique in pretty much any area of the game - he's just bigger than everyone that he played against in NCAA. Although, I still like the pick. He's fills a huge hole for us, a hybrid OLB. I probably still would like Paea over Ayers, but I'm still happy with the pick.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

His main strengths are that he is a hybrid guy who can rush the passer if we want him to, either blitzing or putting his hand down and he is pretty good in coverage for his size and speed. He is better in space than Houston who was strictly a rush LB. He fits our new defensive scheme which is going to use some odd fronts and use our OLBs more getting to the passer.

McRath is more of a will LB and should move over to that side. He is the speed guy.

8. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Hate to say it, but I agree with Deuce on this one.

Dude can't make a legitimate tackle to save his life. He'll get pushed back alot in the NFL. If Ayers has a chip on his shoulder from getting passed up, it better be at the teams that skipped him the 2nd round because he surely wasn't coming off the board in the 1st.

If this is what JG is coming up with for our defense, I'm scared as *hit right now.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jurrell Casey was actually rated almost as high as Paea but is more of a run stopper which we needed.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think he's a guy that needs help with his hips and tackling. I think if he gets better fluidity in those hips, he gets those angles better and with some guidance with tackling, the dude is a stud. He has the general agility, the size, the speed, and the power to be successful. He just gets caught out of place with those hips and makes bad tackle attempts because of it. He has virtually every other tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar