Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Akeem Ayers moving to DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 25, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,531
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,062
    I met him a month ago or so. I can tell you for certain he's too small to play DE.

Also coming out and saying we'll use him at DE for passing situations is dumb. When offenses know that, they'll audible and run the ball his way.
  3. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,531
    So are Freeney and Mathis.

So much for our big plans for the bulkier D-line eh?
  4. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    Smoke a mirrors gentlemen.

Not to say that we won't experiment or give him some snaps down in a stance.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,531
    Size has little to do with pass rushing. I can't wait to see Ayers bust out of a 3-point stance and chase down QB's.

He's not going to play DE on 3rd and short, only when we know a pass is coming.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,939
    He better develop a different move other than the speed rush. All he does is get run right around the QB.
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,674
    That's what we drafted him to do originally but he wasn't used that way this past year. I'm guessing it was because learning the NFL system might have been tougher for him and they didn't want to overload him his rookie season.

If you watch his highlight tape from college that is what he excelled at.
    1 people high five this.
  8. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361
    Yeah this isn't surprising, it was one of his better attributes coming out of college. Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't see it at all last year. Gray even said when he took this job that this is a 4-3 defense but we'll be showing a lot more looks. A full off season is going to do wonders for these guys, watch.
    2 people high five this.
  9. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    Did I read that wrong or miss something? I didn't see or read anything that claimed we would out him at DE..
  10. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,647
    Yeah, where does it says he's moving to DE at any time? I know he was drafted to rush the passer, but he can do that from the SLB position.