Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

3 months ago if I told you OLB's Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown combined wouldn't top 100 tackles by late November you'd say I was crazy. Well here we are late November and these 2 guys have been MAJOR let downs so far this season. Fortunately, it wasn't until the last 6 weeks of 2012 when both these guys really got going.

Ayers 2012 stats ended up being 104 tackles and 6 sacks and 1 INT. 50% of those sacks came in weeks 12, 15, & 17, along with his only forced fumble of the year.

Browns 2012 stats were 93 tackles and 5.5 sacks and 3 INT's. 2 of the 3 interceptions came the final week of 2012, and all but 1 of his sacks came in those same last 6 games as well.

So Im thinking if these 2 guys can turn it up and return to 2012 form, we could make a run and possibly win 5 of 6 and be right about where we all expected to be.

Can these 2 step it up and get us in?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

who??
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. DJB

DJB Starter

I still have nightmares of Brown flipping that fumble back to Russel Wilson
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

Boy... ol' Chet has really coached 'em up, huh?
    • High Five High Five x 4
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

In all seriousnes, is that the last we actually heard from Brown..? He's been very quiet lately. Didd that play "break" him or sommething..?
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I still have hopes for them. They have not been bad. Just not as good as we had expected. And I think they still can be great.
  7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

Major let downs this season

I hope they can turn it around but they jst get eaten up in the run game and never really get much of a look when rushing the passer.

McCarthy, is someone who needs to stay healthy the rest of the way. career on the line, he has looked good since he;s been back

Overall we have a decent linebacking core, I hoped they were going to be better but they are talented. Nice group for a new regime to come into
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Firing Frank Bush and replacing him with a high school coach was a bad move.
    • High Five High Five x 9
  9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

What new regime? Everyone is talking like this is a given.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've been wondering this myself. Brown looked to be as advertised as the season began, but of late dude has been invisible. I can't help but think he has some lingering injury. With speed being such a big part of his game, I can see how having a messed up wheel might really cause a drop off in his performance. It's been a big disappontment (in a season full of them).