Akeem Ayers a TERROR so far?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Guys stop taking Deuce seriously. He's well aware that most of what he says is blasphemy. He's a shock poster. That's what they do. It's childish but what are you gonna do? Let him get his attention. It makes him happy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

He's the Skip Bayless of the forum.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Garo

Garo Starter

Just a quick observation from Thursday's practice...the only one I've been too...

It was Ayers/Ruud/Witherspoon on base defense. Ruud/McRath on Nickel. I think McRath's progression will determine Spoon's fate. Spoon appears better at the run than McRath but McRath is better in coverage than Spoon. Gray likes to use lots of substitution packages so they might use both at various times.

The backups on base defense were Shaw/McCarthy/McRath. McCarthy/Rennie were backups on Nickel.

As for Ayers, it was only one practice in shells but I was impressed by him. He's bigger/thicker than I thought and seemed very stout on the line against TE's. I think it's clear he will start on the base defense.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seriously?

He's been a complete ghost.

He may get playing time but he's not doing anything with it.

lol @ you guys acting like Craig Stevens is something anyone should give 2 Fs about. Dude could be cut tomorrow and no one would notice.

12 receptions in 2 seasons... yeah, how'd I forget he exists?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sorry guys, but I have to agree with Deuce about Ayers...

He's not very impressive on game tapes, at all... as I said in a previous post. I'm glad Ayers is a "terror" right now, but it's been a week of TC. I wish him the best, and hope he silences the critics - but as of right now, i'm iffy on the kid.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

He's a blocking TE Deuce.

7. Deuce Wayne

Which means he sucks at everything else.

Or... he's an undersized offensive lineman.

Make plays of get off the field. Draw coverage or get off the field. Pretty simple, in my opinion. Get someone in there that can draw a body for things he actually does well.

8. gran54

gran54 Starter

He blocks well which helps us in the run game..... We have Jared Cook for catching the ball and drawing coverage. Stevens is not going to make a ton of catches, but he will consistently block which helps our run game.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with Deuce completely about Stevens. He's been a waste and a terrible draft pick and I don't see that turning around.

But everyone needs to learn from my mistakes. Don't be like I was and waste your time responding to DW.

10. Deuce Wayne

If no one responds to me, this forum dies an immediate death. I'm the only voice of contrast.

Just doing my part to make it an actual discussion board rather than a circle jerk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar