Akeem Ayers a TERROR so far?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcgrath despite his speed and athleticism seems to have problems with coverage so i don't see him starting over spoon on the weak side. Seems like he will be our back up at the SAM and MLB spots.

2. gran54

gran54 Starter

I feel like this may be McGrath's "last chance" he's been on and off for the past 2 years. He's inconsistent and isn't the force I thought he would eventually turn out to be. He's still got a shot though.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

McRath has stunk since he's been off roids, which sucks because I really like him. Does anyone else expect to see quite a few 3-4 looks this year? I'd like to see it...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We should all hope McRath is on fire this pre-season and wins the WLB spot because he can be a guy for years down the road. Spoon is only a stop gap vet in his last days.

By the way in response to Spoon playing MLB, he has played way more MLB in his career than OLB. Spoon was serviceable last year but nothing special. Also, McRath did miss time last year and I think it hurt him and he never recovered. I don't think you can judge the guy based on last year at this point and consider him done. He still has upside and the roids didn't make him have better instincts.

I think it is odd how ALL our guys at LB and S simply forgot how to play defense last year. How strange. Guys that used to have good instincts and made plays for some strange reason were now playing like they had no clue. Could it be the DC had something to do with it? So basically I'm not going to judge any player based on last year since the common denominator is now gone. If McRath or anyone else can't cut it in our new defense with our new coordinator then I'll give up on the guy.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's EXACTLY why I'm rooting for Gerald. No offense to WW, he's a solid player and good vet. Gerald is only 25, 6'3 235, and posses good speed. He could potential be a pro-bowl LB. Just needs to hit a hot streak. Makes me wonder how much PEDs he was taken, because he's been average since he got caught.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not so sure about McRath. I was a big fan of his but it's obvious that he wasn't near as strong of a player after his suspension.

I'm rooting for Ayers to come out and play lights out. I could tell early on that Keith was a real special LB early on and I hope the same for Akeem.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ayers scares me - and not in a good way. If you guys go watch a game film (not a highlight), he's a very sporadic player. He also seems like just an average tackler. Seems a bit lazy at times and takes plays off. He doesn't possess great speed, but is quick with good agility. Seems to take a long time to diagnose plays before attacking the ball carrier. People think he's an elite pass rusher for some reason? But he has 14 career sacks in 4 years... far from elite. He'll need to develop more pass-rushing moves to be a consistent pass rusher. Will not be able to run with most tight ends and running backs in coverage. Not particularly intense or explosive and lacks elite aggressiveness. He has great potential and could be a great player, and I hope he becomes that, but as of right now I just see him having an average carrer. Right now I'm not uber impressed with the kid. I surely hope he changes that!

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm still surprised at how soft this guy looks, glad he's playing well though.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure why so many has written off McRath off the board. If you have to sit the way McRath did last year, it is basically a throw away year. At least that is what I hope...

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McRath is gonna be the odd man out if he doesn't step it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar