Agent shopping Horn after Falcons cut receiver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Joe Horn got his wish Tuesday when the Atlanta Falcons granted the receiver his release, his agent, Ralph Vitolo, said. More...

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I haven't been paying too much attention to Horn. Is he even worth a look?

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Falcons Release Joe Horn

A veteran receiver would be key imo. I feel we are a perfect fit, but he wants to go to Philly or Dallas.

Below from my fantasy website, fftoday.com

Next Stop Philadelphia or Dallas?
    The Falcons ended the standoff with disgruntled wide receiver Joe Horn and released him Tuesday afternoon, Horn and his agent, Ralph Vitolo, told the Journal-Constitution. “They saw I was disgruntled, they saw that me sitting to the side and watching and we know it wasn’t going to work out well for either of us,” Horn told the AJC. “We made the right decision. They allowed me to go and I’m just happy to know that I’m leaving with good character." Horn, 36, said last May that he would like to be traded or released because he felt the Falcons were going through a rebuilding phase with younger players and that he didn’t feel part of the plan. Management consistently said that Horn had a place in the lineup, but that never materialized. (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

FF Today's Take: It's Horn's desire to play for either the Cowboys or Eagles. Both teams could use a veteran receiver... we'll see if they oblige.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

WR Horn interested in Titans, Jaguars

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    The Titans and Jaguars are two of the teams receiver Joe Horn is interested in, his agent said this afternoon. The question is whether the two AFC South teams are interested in Horn, who's been released by Atlanta.
    Agent Ralph Vitolo said he had conversations last week with both Mike Reinfeldt, the Titans GM, and James Harris, the Jaguars personnel chief. Each said at that time they weren't interested, but that's when the Falcons were looking for trade compensation and trying to move a deal with a $2.5 million guaranteed base salary. Now he can sign for the veteran minimum.
    "It's all conjecture now," Vitolo said.
    He said Horn's interested in six teams including Tennessee, Jacksonville and Dallas.
    Indications from a Titans insider were that the team isn't super excited about the 36-year old, but that team brass had not formally discussed Horn yet.
    The Titans are counting on Justin Gage and Justin McCareins as starters and have young, unproven players fighting for roles after that.
    Jacksonville is waiting on Reggie Williams to return from knee surgery and Jerry Porter to come back from hamstring surgery.
    Vitolo said Horn likes the possibility of joining a team with a young up-and-coming quarterback and group of receivers.
    He played in 12 games for Atlanta last season, catching 27 passes for 243 yards and a touchdown.
    I'd be surprised if either the Titans or Jags made a move for him now.

More...

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ill pass, he would be the equivalent of Eric Moulds at this point

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His brother-in-law said he was going to retire after 1 season with the Falcons when he signed that contract. Knowing MR, it wouldn't surprise me to see him here.
    Horn's sister lives here in Middle-TN, and we need anyone...so...

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Seems like every single player released or in trade rumors wants to go to Philly or Dallas. Interesting player though.....

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kuharsky says he's interested in Titans/Jags.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Get him. NOW. He is exactly what we need.

Bye bye Paul Williams and/or Chris Davis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar