Agent for Turner: No trade likely

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Spin it, Bus.

He's probally still mad about the McNair fiasco.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I would love to see Ryan's reaction to that :biglaugh:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ why ? he's a Ginn guy

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thats why i think a deal will get done, but not until draft day.
    Michael Turner is just to good a back to play in san diego another season behind LT, i think buffalo is bailing out, not willing to switch 12 with 30, but tennessee swapping picks and a 2nd round next year, could be a good move

5. this super sucks, i want turner like crazy bad

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

did you read the team? Puck was suggesting the scenario that we trade the #19 pick to the Chargers then the Chargers use that pick on Ginn, so our pick would be used on Ginn, but not by us ;)

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:suspect:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

wtf ?

what's going on here?

what does "Read the team" mean

and it's incorrect. did you read the POST ? :ha:

I said Meachum

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

did you read the team that was mentioned in the post, I was just specifying which part of the post he seemed to have overlooked. as opposed to the part that I seem to have overlooked, which was the player mentioned :bonk2:

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

It should be the other way around--the Titans know the Chargers know if they get nothing for him this year that they will get absolutely nothing for him next year. We should have the leverage.

But spending our 1st round pick on Turner is not alright! We need to build primarily through the draft--not forfeit our 1st round picks. And especially not for a rb! It's one of the easiest positions to build because you can force-feed carries (look at Reggie Bush's average YPR and YPC last year). Maybe if it were for a young star DE or CB or S, but not a rb--especially since we just let go of a pretty good rb in Henry b/c we didn't want to overpay (and I'm cool with that). But now we (a team that is building up its young core) is going to forfeit a crucial 1st round pick for Michael Turner?! You trade 1st round picks for stars--NOT PROJECTS!

Hell, I'd be worried about a mid 2nd or a 3rd--and we're talking about a 1st? Jesus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar