Against Birk and Hutchinson, Colts won't have Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky The Colts defensive line depth will be tested Sunday in MinnesotaÂ*as starting right defensive tackle Ed Johnson won't play after being arrested and charged with speeding and possession of marijuana.
    It's unclear how the Colts will fill his spot, but Daniel Muir is listed as his backup. Muir, and two rookie ends, Marcus Howard and Curtis Johnson, were inactive for the Colts' season opener. Raheem Brock, who can play inside or out, and rookie tackle Eric Foster, worked as the extra defensive linemen. Tackle Darrell Reid, who plays primarily on special teams, was also active.
    Colts President Bill Polian made a statement about Johnson today:
    "Ed Johnson, last night in Hamilton County, was arrested between midnight and 1:00 a.m., and charged with speeding and possession of marijuana. Those charges have been filed, it is my understanding, and we are in the process right now of determining what course of action to take in respect to discipline. There will be discipline, the question is, 'What is it?' We want to gather all the facts to make sure that what we're doing is correct within the confines of the NFL rules, the CBA and our own particular club rules. I suspect that we'll have an announcement on that in the very near future. That's all I have at the moment."
    Tony Dungy later said: "Ed will not play this week, for sure, so we'll make some plans and figure out what we're going to do"
    It's not the best week for the Colts to be without their starting right defensive tackle. Minnesota left guard Steve Hutchinson and center Matt Birk have been named to 11 Pro Bowl teams between them.

More...

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The AFC South looks very interesting this year

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Very interesting! Like the Titans in a very good position already. I love it .........when it rains it pours.

Hey where's Omaha.

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Sounds like Indy will get shredded on the run game...

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Omaha isn't here, and won't be until the Colts do better.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Can't blame Ed though - after the thrashing they took from the rook, I'd probably want to get a little high too :)

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We still have to handle our business. If we go 3-0 in our at home division games, it would be a good start.

8. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

why wouldnt i be here? wow the colts got beat. big deal. it was going to happen sometime. it will take awhile but the division is still the colts for the taking

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

You all got crushed and Manning didn't look that great. I would be worried.

10. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

oh the colts will lose sunday

unlike you, i understand how football works. but i am still coming here. its a long season buddy. i am sure the colts will be just fine come playoff time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar