Afternoon Siestas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Too bad you're confusing simple correlation with some sort of root of depression. A nap shoudn't be more than an hour, especially if you're taking it everyday. But if an individual is sleeping (note, not a nap) consistently in the daytime for several hours, then that could be a cause of worry.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Too bad you're confusing me with someone who actually gives a spit...:grrhee:

Seriously, I never stated naps were a root of depression. Just a possible symptom of mild depression, which is not something I made up, but is a common thought among some psychologists.

Quote from Hoffa post #24;
    Quote from actual psychologist;
    Maybe if you weren't groggy from sleeping during the day you would have been able to actually comprehend what I said...

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Nah, actually you totally misconstrued the quote friend-o. The quote from said psychologist (which one again?) says that napping is more prevalent in those who suffer from depression. You stated there's a good chance that you're probably suffering from depression if you nap every day. Different statements.

Anyone who's taken even a basic Abnormal Psych class knows that hypersomnia is a symptom of depression (which a 45 minute nap doesn't constitute BTW). That's one symptom. You need a handful of others lasting at least two weeks to even begin diagnosis.

Look, it's a totally ridiculous argument, so I'll just leave it at that. But telling people they're probably depressed because they like to nap once a day for non-extensive periods of time is silly.

4. Hoffa

Have some coffee and see I never said anything about how long a period of time anyone napped....now I'm getting depressed...and sleepy:grrhee:

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Sorry, I thought it was kinda implied. You said if you're napping during the day consistently, then you're probably depressed. Nah, you didn't mention amount of time. But the fact that naps aren't supposed to be related with hypersomnia doesn't indicate signs of depression.

6. Hoffa

Dolphin fans last year were the most likely to be depressed and found napping!

So there...

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Ill say the cause of their napping and depression is boredom.
    BTw... not 90% of spaniards nap... I wish we could!
    A 20min-30min nap is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeaat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar