after watching the game again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i had to watch the game again. i wanted to know who actually showed up and who didnt.

offense

wrs: there is no way i can tell you whether the wrs played well. they didnt have enough chance to actually catch the ball.

o-line: our tackles are not the problem. stewart should be the starter at RT and bell should move back to guard. roos was pretty solid in pass protection. he had one bad play at the end of the first half. he got bull rushed pretty good. his run blocking is average, he needs to finish his blocks. i watched a 3rd and 1 play maybe three or four times in amazement at how bad our guards are. i think olsen was supposed to scoop the end/dt to KM so olsen could get the inside backer. he never even got his hands off the lineman. needless to say, the backer made the tackle for no gain.

qbs: i wont get into collins. vince made some nice throws at the end of the game to the sidelines. i especially liked one to roydell. brandon jones dropped one that was pretty catchable that would have been just as good as the one to roydell.

rbs: i've lost faith in chris brown. as many of you know i have never been a huge fan of his to begin with. but there were a few plays at the end of the game when he show no effort at all. on a 4th down play when vince ran for a first down he had a chance to light up merriman who wouldnt have seen the hit coming. merriman made the tackle 7 yards down the field. another play that got under my skin was on a qb draw when chris was supposed to be the lead blocker and he didnt block a soul. vince ran into his back because he just stopped running. vince could have gotten another 5 yards easy.

lendale ran with purpose. made a heads up play late in the game on a draw to get out of bounds from all the way in the middle of the field. dropped a pass.

TEs: not much to say on them. troupe's blocking has imporved. i can see why they made him the starter. he's no longer a liability in run blocking. he's not an asset, but he wont cost us anything.

defense

first let me say that out of 73 plays we blitzed five times. thats about 7% of the time. that is the worst thing i have ever seen anyone do against a young QB. now that i have gotten my mandatory dig in at schwartz i can move on.

d-line: they played with effort, but little production. i guess some of that would have to do with only having 5 bodies and being on the field for 73 plays. laboy is all effort no skill. the dts obviously didnt play very well. mahelona had a few good plays when he got penetration , but other than that it was pretty ugly.

lbs: i saw sirmon three times. running behind tomlinson watching him go in to the endzone, being juked out by tomlinson and having gates jump over him for a big pass. time to put in tulloch. thornton got plowed over by neal on an LT td and ran around neal on another LT td. bulluck played ok.

dbs: lamont was typical lamont, showing up late, getting beat deep and for some reason biting on a pump fake by a WR after he passed the line of scrimmage. hope was all over the place. really one of the few who showed any type of heart. reynaldo played the run well, but was once again gobbled up in pass coverage. pacman didnt have one pass thrown at him. there was woolfolk sighting on the charger's last drive. on the 70 yard michael turner run, he had a good three step head start on pacman. pacman blew by him like he was standing still.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

1st up as a UK fan who is unable to re-watch the game I really appreciate the post dude.

I remember the play where VY ran into the back of CB & got held up but at full speed I didn't note that CB had just stopped running.

In Sirmons defence I was watching him the whole 1st half & I thought he played with a lot of effort. At the end of the 1st half he matched Bullock as our leading tackler with 8 tackles & 2 assists. He was good at plays coming straight at him but suffered against LT when running him down to the sideline having to take an angle to make the play & giving up the yards as a result.

Does my summary of Sirmons 1st half stand up to your 2nd viewing?

3. Fry

you're right, he's a guy that gives 100% on every play, but he just isnt good enough. my whole thing with sirmon is he will only be on the field about 25% of the time. that's pretty much on run 1st and 2nd down when we dont go nickle. but he's a liability when he's on the field that 25% of the game. we need someone in the middle who has the ability to get sideline to sideline along with being able to take what comes right at him. which is why i'm clammering for tulloch.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Alrighty then,I can't argue with that,he just isn't fast enough to make the outside plays & no amount of effort can make up for that.:hmm:

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Very good summary. I recorded the game, but I am really putting off watching it again. I think this game was the first game in years I actually didn't yell at the TV. I was just sitting there in disbelief.

Sirmon isn't that bad, he isn't that good either. I think he has stepped up his play from the preseason. The only thing I see from Sirmon is that he can't make some tackles because he is too slow. At least he's in the right place.

LT getting pumped faked on by a WR past the line of scrimmage was the highlight of the game.

I think Hill needs to get his *** off the the JUGS machine and go back to CB school.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why is Fisher saying Stewart won't stay at tackle? PUT BELL AT GUARD! We can't do worse...

I'm hoping someone else notices Brown's lack of playing... the guy just doesn't always make the effort...

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good overview. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

8. Fry

my pleasure. tivo is a god send.

9. well recording it on tapes is one also

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I forgot to set my DVDR, but I'm kinda glad I did. I did notice Stewart as much as possable, and saw him playing pretty good. Glad to see you thought he looked good.

Seems like Sirmon will on the field more than 25%. I did notice once again how slow he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar