After the 1st Preseason Game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

wow VY did not look incredible... the offense was designed to make it super easy on the QB... hook routes, screens... against one of the worst teams in the league...

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince's biggest problem in the last few years has been some of those passes. On the easy ones he would get lazy and float it or ground it... on screens and slants his timing was always a half second too slow and he'd throw behind the receiver right to the defense. He went 5-5 on those passes... that NEVER would have happened in the past.

The slant to Gage for 17 yards in the redzone was really well done - perfect timing, put it in front and on Gage's hip in traffic near the goal line. A split second late and the LB picks it off - a hair behind Gage and a DB picks it off - if it floats high a DB picks it off. He threw a nice out to Nate early on, too. Those are good signs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince went 8-2 in 2009, and is progressing at this time. I'm happy with that.

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

The INT was a bad route by Gage no separation.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince seems to know rolling to his left is a bad idea, I loved his response to the pick in the interview. Hard throw to make when (1) you're going to the left, (2) you have a D-Lineman breathing down your neck, and (3) the WR runs a half ran route. Nothing to worry about here people.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

I like everyone else likes Mariani. But I dont see him ever getting on the field if D Williams can catch a kick. Who would he play over?

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Until that INT, I thought VY appeared as good a passer as he ever has, and I don't think we'll see stuff like that in the regular season. Hope not. Anyway, I'm encouraged here.

McRath I think is going to be the man at OLB. I was real pleased with both him and Tulloch. Too bad he's out the first month. I'm loving that pick.

Marc Mariani already looks like a made man to me. I have no question he'll make the 53, forget the PS. He's got to make the team. Done deal.

We seem to have some nice DL depth. Don't think they could play all season long without Brown, Morgan and Hayes, but what they showed was encouraging. Glad we added Raheem Brock.

McCourty and Verner looked pretty darn good. I'd still worry about Verner on deep routes, but short to intermediate stuff he's got covered, tight, and he'd have safety help over the top. Love that pick so far. McCourty and Mouton should have been drafted in each other's respective spot, IMO. Only reason Mouton was drafted higher was for perceived ability in the return game.

Hall held on to a pass!

People have said it, but yes, Simms only played so much to determine if he should stay as the #2. The answer is no. He will be cut soon. I can't believe he's entering his 8th season.

Paul Williams showed those Go-Go-Gadget Arms on that first catch, which was pretty spectacular. Problem was, he missed the next two. One step forward, two steps back. See-jah.

Edison is going to have to make a move to stick on the squad. Mariani is doing what he did in camp last year, plus returning kicks. Damian Williams was drafted in the third. If Cook and Britt and Hawkins don't show consistency, Edison has a chance, but he's looking like the odd man out unless he can make them trim some fat elsewhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's not forget we were playing against the Seahawks so although I was pleased with the first drive, Tatupu was out and their D is rebuilding.

Simms, Mouton sucked. Gage, Britt just OK. Cook looked bad IMO. Ringer just OK.

Verner, Tulloch, Mariani, Curran looked pretty good.

DL looked good against the run, OK w/pass pressure.

Let's dump the Simms project and focus on Rusty Smith.

The first drive

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'll give VY props for some good passes and a nice drive for the TD.
    I don't by into this crap at all that his int was no big deal and if it were the regular season he would have done something different.

If it isn't a true statement (and VY is just saying that) then VY is still making stupid mistakes that basically negate the positive. We simply can't make those mistakes and win games against the better teams.
    If it is true and VY did something he wouldn't do in the regular season (right) then VY is being stupid. He should refine his game in the pre-season by making the same plays and decisions just like he was in the biggest game of his life. He needs to develop more precision and screwing around is simply stupid.

PS. If Collins did the same thing the same VY lovers would be saying he sucks, is stupid and should be replaced. Add in that he was probably drunk.

By the way blaming Gage because he was covered is ridiculous. The QB has to determine when and not when to throw the ball. You don't throw to a WR who is blanketed and get away with it and you certainly don't develop those habits ever. VY should have run for the first down. Period.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree Gage deserves no blame for Vince's foolish int.

But Gage deserves criticism for sucky effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar