after 10 minutes, Titans Sell out Entire Season

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DCtitan49, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

chargers game, vince didnt start, Cowboys game was his first start, you cant expect him to dominate his first game, WE WON THE PHILLY GAME, so whats your point???'

the saints were exciting, but when did drew brees take the ball in from 40+ yards out in overtime to beat his RIVAL, and where he came from?

when did the saints hit a 60 yard field goal to beat the colts?

did the saints ever go into the 4th quarter down 21, and win the game
    24-21???

did the chargers/saints/jets start the season 0-5, and come within one game of the playoffs???

everybody loves a cinderella story, and thats what we were last season, i just wish i coulda seen the damage we woulda done in the playoffs.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I said the same thing about Kerry Collins. It lasted 10 minutes and we sold out.

3. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

omg lol

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The point is, that we had several games that weren't exciting. This isn't about winning and losing. If it's about winning and losing, then we certainly were less exciting than a bunch of other teams last season.

Of course you can list our exciting plays and say that they didn't have those same plays. But they had their own share of great moments and exciting games. If you watched their home opener against the falcons, you should know what I'm talking about. That team was fired up and exciting to watch.

If you want to compare difference making plays, such as Vince's 39 yard TD run... Brees had a completion of over 50 yards in 9 of 16 games. He only had three games without a passing touchdown, and had four games with 3 or more TDs. Can Vince match that? Of course not. Brees had a 35 yard TD pass in the fourth quarter of week 2 to give the Saints the lead. He had a 48 yard TD pass to Horn in the fourth quarter of the Philly game to tie it up. He had a 45 yard TD pass in the Tampa Bay game with only 30 seconds left. He had a 42 yard TD pass against Dallas with less than 4 minutes to play. Those are only huge plays in the last quarter of the game, and games that they won, I didn't even look at the losses. I didn't include the Atlanta game, where Brees had 2 TDs over 45 yards, because they weren't in the fourth quarter. Oh, and keep in mind that Brees only threw four passes in the final game, because they were already headed to the playoffs.

You're right, everyone does love a cinderella story, but it wasn't us last season, it was the Saints. We didn't make the playoffs, so we weren't a cinderella team. What is special about coming "within one game" of the playoffs? Do you know how many teams fit in that category? We didn't make the cut. We had some excitement down the stretch, and some great games, but we weren't the most exciting team. We pulled out some victories that we probably shouldn't have, and won several games in extremely unlikely ways. We won the philly game and the indy game despite having far less total yards, in the Houston game they had twice as much offensive production as we did, and in the Jags game we lost in production almost 4 to 1!

The Saints had plenty of exciting games, and were much more exciting to watch. They had four different receivers with 100 yard games! They had two candidates for offensive rookie of the year! More importantly, they started with lower expectations, and actually followed through and made the playoffs! They even made it to the NFC championship. They did what we failed to do.

If you want to say that Vince is the most exciting player to watch, that's fine, I won't argue that as much. But the Titans weren't the most exciting team in the NFL to watch last season. I understand your excitement, heck, I already admitted that they were the most exciting to me, but we're not objective.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i have no idea what your talking about, lol jk, but they were playing the falcons, and sure it might have been exciting for NO fans, but when the titans played, the hole football nation knew about it.

some people were picking the saints to make a run....no one was picking us, escpecially after we lost our first 5, New orleans wasnt even that exciting, sure they were a feel good story, but they never really had an epic game that went down to the last play in overtime, or hit a 60 yarder, i know i cant change anyone's mind and right down in the book of facts "THE TITANS WERE THE MOST EXCITING TEAM IN 06-07" because its my opinion, and im just gonna leave it at that, IMO tennessee was more exciting the the saints and any other team in the NFL.

6. GoTitans3801

Saints/Falcons is a reasonably big rivalry, bigger than several of our division rivalries. The NFC South is always a serious conference, and their division matchups are great. And clearly it was a more nationally recognized game, since it was MNF, we were not on most TVs in the nation that sunday afternoon...

Find someone, before the season started, that predicted a Saints playoff run. (Not the Times-Picayune). ESPN's power rankings (which I'm not saying are correct, but they're a pretty good barometer of national publication's gauge of the teams) had them ranked 29th on opening week. We were four or five spots higher. I'm amazed that you point to the fact that no one was picking us to do anything after our first five losses... that was roughly 1/3 of the way through the season, and we had done absolutely nothing exciting... how can you just throw out 1/3 of the season and still objectively say they were the most exciting? The Saints were a surprise from the beginning, and had an exciting season all 17 weeks. They did have a last second game, against Philly, where Philly missed a last second field goal.

Look, I'm not trying to get you to say that you think the Saints were the more exciting team. I'm just trying to get you to acknowledge that, from the objective, outsider viewpoint, the Titans can't have been the most exciting team. They might have had the most last minute wins, but that can't overcome some of the painful games that we had to sit through (Chargers, Dallas, 1st Jags).

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i know the saints were exciting, we are never going to agree tho, you have your opinion, and i respect that, i have my opinion, i feel, even if i wasnt a titan fan, tennessee and vince young, were more exciting to watch, week in and week out, then the saints. thats just my opinion.

8. GoTitans3801

Ok, if you'd rather watch Kerry Collins fail to beat the Jets than the Saints pulling out a surprise win over the browns, or the Jags absolutely pounding the Titans by 30 points in Alltell, rather than watch Brees throw 3 Tds, two of which were more than 40 yards, that's fine, I guess I can't argue with that.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

what are you talking about, when did i ever say i wanted to watch kerry collins????

but watching him get beat by the jets does sound fun....

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So much fun, it cost us the playoffs...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar