Africa & Thailand

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I wish everyone was able to visit other countries at a young adult age and get to experience the culture. I think it would end several of the worlds problems.

I really enjoyed visiting Australia, Dubai, and Singapore. Most of my experiences in the Middle East were pleasant as well.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree (and glad you enjoyed Australia), however costs are a b***h.

MY girlfriend and I are planning another trip through Africa, Middle East and Europe. 6-7 months and 34 countries if we can make it work.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Australia was the best place I visited. Being easily noticed as United States military, it had its ups and downs, but the Aussies were by far the friendliest people I have ever met.

First night we went out I don't think I bought one drink. Every time someone overheard out accents it was "HEY!! Come over here and let me buy you a drink!!" Not to mention the hotel we stayed at had a bachelorette party the first night we stayed:brow:.

Dubai is an interesting place. Tons of different cultures are mixed in and sometimes its cool just to stand back and see how everyone reacts. Don't go during Ramadan however, no place to get food at all. Jordan/Petra is a nice sight to see. Less touristy and that is both good and bad. Overall, I felt less safe in Jordan. Went through the streets in civilian clothes and got to see several random trucks with machine guns. Does not always sit well when you are supposed to be relaxed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I saw the odd machine gun in Africa which was something new.

But we're planning Jordan and Egypt so it should be interesting.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if anyone didnt watch that video because of the length

watch around the 1 min mark for the 'charge' and around 5 min mark for the fight

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah there's a good few minutes of what I think is the lion equivalent of measuring penises.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Face 2 face with a Rhino and it's kid, only about 25 meters away.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kruger? Matopos?

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Nyati. A small (850 acres) private reserve right next to Kruger - separated by Olifant river.

Edit: Forgot to mention - we were on foot.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nice. The Private Reserves are the best, though we never went on foot.

We did that in Zimbabwe at Matopos NP though. "Hunting" white Rhinos. Our guide looked like Alan from The Hangover and he was an intense person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar