AFI re-ranks the top 100 American films

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

What a crime

Night at the roxbury
    FORREST FING GUMP
    ^Possibly the best movie, like everrr
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

M*A*S*H was a movie?

I'd argue Fellowship was the 3rd best of the Trilogy (though still very very good).
  3. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

The movie came out in 1970, before the TV series. Completely different cast (except for the guy who played Radar).
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Sucide is painless was the theme song for both also. Still think the football game in the movie was awsome. Gary Burghoff was Radar
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Barf o Rama Tip Jar Donor

Never got the hype of that film.. Magnolia worked that same kind of theme a few years earlier and nailed it perfectly...
  6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

A glaring omission...

[​IMG]
  7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

CC, I noticed you're a Lynch fan (Wild At Heart and Blue Velvet listed among your faves). I was kind of annoyed that Mulholland Drive wasn't included on AFI's list (it's my favourite Lynch flick), did you like Mullholland?

Do you go for any of the Japanese new-wave ultra violent stuff. I loved Takashi Miike's Audition.
    [​IMG]
    Creepy *****.

How come Young Frankenstien isn't in your top twenty? It just seems like it belongs there :) (I think it'd be on mine)
  8. CRUDS

Yeah Audition was insane.. Miike is a sick *******. Ichi The Killer is a classic too.. I liked Mullholland but I just think that after you've seen Lynch's other stuff a bunch it's hard to be totally surprised by basically that same bag of tricks in his later flicks - if that makes any sense...
  9. CRUDS

If the list was top 50 it would definitely be in there with a bunch of other stuff I hated to leave out..
    Ontario is quickly becoming horror-central these days.. Do you ever take part in Rue Morgue events or read the mag?
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Crash was a piece of art. Everything about it. Plus anything with Don Cheadle should automatically beat out nerd flicks like lotrs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.