AFC South Rankings: RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 31, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: J. Addai, K. Keith, D. Rhodes

1.9%
  2. Jaguars: F. Taylor, M. Jones-Drew

60.4%
  3. Texans: A. Green, C. Brown, S. Slaton

1.9%
  4. Titans: L. White, C. Henry, C. Johnson

35.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jags no question and RBs as a rule do not develop. They may need more playing time to show what they can do but there is not that much a coach can tell them about running the ball.

I don't want to get into another silly debate again on this. Adrian peterson ran for 295 yards in a game as rookie what development does he need?

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Maybe not in running ability but they do develop skills such as catching the ball and blocking. Running the ball is only part of a running back's job and while it is the most important job, the other parts are vital to success. So yes, running back's do develop, although hopefully they don't need developement with running the ball.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's not like every good running back was born with God-given ability either. There are fundamentals to running the ball, most of which should be learned about finding cutback lanes at the LOS, following blocks etc...

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah I kinda feel this way as well
    and I see where BP is coming from, put a LenDale White and a Chris Johnson on the Colts and I'm not sure I'd wanna face that twice a year

the best duo right now I'd agree would be Taylor and Jones-Drew, but you'd gotta think Freddie's career is winding down as opposed to reviving. and if Jacksonville had a better passing attack they'd be even more dangerous

using that train of thought, shuffle these guys around and see how you'd judge them in different situations

based on ability and ceiling, I do like White / Johnson for the long term
    I'd pick this pair for say the next 5 year, and I think we're gonna see a fine next 5 years of grinding it out

in some bizarro alternate reality, I'd probably go for a healthy Chris Brown, a 2000-2003 era Ahamn Green and Steve Slaton

they're all fine depth charts, probably why the division sent 3 teams to the playoffs

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:eek:
    goot lawd !!!
    man, I just won a free laptop at close to 100db !

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You really can't judge the Titans RB's because Lendale played hurt, Henry was suspended and he didn't play much, and you have a very talented rookie coming in...
    The group can either make headlines or be a complete bust...we'll have to wait and see, but i'm optimistic. NOW, my pick is Fred Taylor/Jones-Drew...LATER, it might have to go to the Titans.

I didn't pick the Colts because they don't even really use their run game that often. Why would they when they have PM?

and im not even going to comment on the Texans..hahahahahahahahaha

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Colts' RBs won them the Superbowl a couple seasons back in my opinion. It's just mind-boggling how they can let someone as good (at the time) as Edgerrin James go, plug in some rookie like Addai, and end up being even better. So the question is, was Edge a bum who looked good in the system, or is Arizona really just that bad? Could be both.

Anyhow, underestimating the Colts' run game is not wise. All the same, I still went with Jacksonville. Taylor and Jones-Drew give you so many different options, and there isn't really much of a drop-off between them, to the point where it's hard to point to one and say 'he's the starter'. It's the ultimate situational backfield. Hopefully the Titans' can look a bit like that, but they've gotta prove it to me.

8. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

rhodes is a 1000 yard back. he has good hands and can pass block. the dude is good. he isnt great but he is good. to say otherwise is foolish if you ask me.

and you are already declaring cj as a good back? based on what? i like the kid but to say he is better than rhodes is foolish as of right now. rhodes should have been the mvp of the super bowl.

plus you are saying you know that hart sucks? he didnt exactly suck at michigan did he?

correct me if i am wrong but this is a poll of who is the best. why do you go with speculation and blatant homerism? we know for a fact that taylor and mjd are great players. white isnt a great player but yet you pick the titans

9. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

edge was no bum at all. one of my favorite colts of all time. he was really underused for awhile. and i believe the lack of colts playoff success was a direct result of manning throwing way too much instead of letting the running game get in a groove. edge in arizona is really impressive. that line is bad and he still gets over 1000 yards

10. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

as long as we are speculating

i will guess the colts have the best

because i am going to speculate this

addai - 1400yds rushing, 800yds rec. and 23tds

rhodes - 1000 yds rushing, 500yds rec. and 10 tds

hart - 800yds rushing, 400yds rec. 6 tds

that easily makes the colts the best. now of course that wont happen but hey why not. they are my beloved colts. they can do anything in june

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar