AFC South Rankings: RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 31, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: J. Addai, K. Keith, D. Rhodes

1.9%
  2. Jaguars: F. Taylor, M. Jones-Drew

60.4%
  3. Texans: A. Green, C. Brown, S. Slaton

1.9%
  4. Titans: L. White, C. Henry, C. Johnson

35.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Moving onto the RBs. Remember, it's a public poll. Feel free to "stir the pot". :stirpot:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I really like the Titans backs here. The Colts have a great crew but it's easier for them. Our back would be "beast" in the Colts offense... I mean, look at Manning with all his passing. Defenses are always keying on the pass. The Colts can run on passing downs getting more ypc than most any other set of backs on any other team. I look at the Colts run game as more of a product of the system. I'm going to listen to the debate here before I vote... but idk.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The Colts also have Mike Hart from this years draft. Their fans are really high on Hart & have kind of turned their backs on Keith.

Hart was a 6th round pick but why is beyond me.He has some scary stats from Michigan.

1015 carries,5040yds,5.0 average ypc & 41 TD's.:eek:

I voted Titans but it's a close run thing with the Colts IMO.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I went with Jones Drew and Fred Taylor...they're both really great players

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Wow that's a hard one. The Dolts, Jags, and the Titans all have a great stable of RBs. I went with the Titans but any of those 3 is a good choice. Even the Texans are pretty good. The color running backs (Brown and Green) won't do much but I bet Slaton will have a good year.

6. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

really how can anone pick the titans

white had a decent year. henry and the rook havent done anything. come on guys. thats homerism at its best

it is easily the jags. fred taylor is still one of the best in the league and mjd is a beast as well. its not even close

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

This is an unfair question. As of right now its not even a contest, maybe after a year or two when Chris Johnson and Chris Henry further develop we can make a debate about this. As of today the Jags have the best crew.

MJD and Fred Taylor make one of the best 1-2 punches in the last twenty years. Fred Taylor is a great back with physical attributes only elite backs have, size, speed, vision, elusiveness, and great ability to get to top speed immediately. Its a shame that he played in the same division as us for so long and that he had so many nagging injuries in the early part of his career but the guy has really put together an impressive resume.

As far as MJD the kid is a beast. Incredible power, balance, speed, elusiveness, blocking, and great hands. Add to that the fact that he will only get better.

On top of all of that they have Greg Jones. He could be a starter on a lot of teams.

The Colts group is average at best. We all saw what happened to "The Edge" when he left their system. They almost have a Broncos like system as a result of their passing game.

8. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Based on last season you're absolutely right omaha - I voted for the Titan's group because they are the ones I'd want to go in to next season with after Byner's had an offseason to work with them.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I went with the Titans. Lendale White is a 1,000 yard back and adding Chris Johnson really helps. The Jags didn't do so well last year with Jones and the Colts only good RB is Addai. The Titans have a better 1-2 punch. It's not about last year it's this year and this year White has complement in the backfield.

10. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

I went with Taylor and jones-drew they have a perfect mix. But i also think our backs can be just as leathal!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar