AFC South Rankings: DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 11, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: Mathis, Freeney

31.4%
  2. Jaguars: Spicer, Hayward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Texans: Weaver, M. Williams

5.9%
  4. Titans: Kearse, KVB

62.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Public poll.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tough, each team has one very good DE

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Super Mario is the best DE in the league, but KVB and Kearse is the best duo.

4. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

I voted as a homer for my Texans. Mario will be a monster this year.. as he is ready to take last year to the next level for a full season. Weaver has been a dissapointment because of injuries thus far. He is back to close to being 100% he says so that should help if true. Of note: the Texans are looking to sign Rosevelt Colvin and use him in pass rushing situations. If the signing does go down, then our DE package with Tim Bullman making strides gets that much deeper.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I believe the Freak is going to reep the benefits of being on the same line as KVB. I hope I'm not just looking through Titan Blue colored glasses.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have no idea who to vote for.

I like the Jags draft picks, the Colts are solid, Mario Williams is a stud, and we've got KVB and the Freak.

I'm not going to give too much credit to Kearse yet, because he hasn't been that great lately.

But I just can't decide which group I think is the best.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Even thought the Poll is DE,I based my decision on the premise that think ours are the bookends to the best line in the South.It makes a big difference who they line up with.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i went with kvb/kearse over freeney/mathis for two reasons; kvb is better against the run than either of them and even though kearse and freeney have both been hurt the last few years kvb has been more productive than mathis.

i threw out spicer/hayward right off the bat because hayward hasn't been the same since he tore his achillies and will be replaced by one of the draft picks this year.

mario williams was great towards the end of last year, but i'm still not a believer.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Kearse is way too much of an unknown at this point. If he can revive his game, I'd vote for us no question. But I can't vote for the Titans without seeing at least one good season from kearse now that he's back.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Slight edge to the Colts only because Kearse is a question mark. But I would be willing to say I think KVB is better than Freeney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar