AFC Playoff Game Against Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bubba titan, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

See and I believe you have this whole thing wrong. Yes next year vince should be winning games for us, but a qb in his 2nd year is not supposed to be winning games. Look at jamarcus russell's start to the season. He's a #1 pick in his 2nd year, guess what, he's going to be bad this season. Even everyones precious boy jay cutler really lost the game for denver this weekend. If he doesn't get bailed out by the officials he has 2 critical turnovers in the 4th quarter. I'm smart enough to understand that qbs are not superstars in their 2nd years.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

At what point did I suggest that? However, I believe if we had a Tom Brady caliber QB this year we'd be playing in February almost without a doubt. Outside of our passing attack we have one of the best all around teams in the NFL I think, not to mention easily the most underrated

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yeah well hate to tell ya budro but Jay Cutler is a stud. Sure, that was a lousy call by the official but you know what he did after that lousy call...he threw a TD then a 2 pt conversion to win the game. Not to mention he's got an Elway-esque cannon of an arm and he's thrown for 650 yards an 6 TDs to just one pick in just two games. And even if that did get called properly, he didn't lose that game, the defense that gave up 30 points lost that game.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

WTF is he supposed to be doing then? Losing games?

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I thought you would understand that I meant he's not going to be carrying the team on his back and winning games. The reason I don't bash the guy is we are 18-11 with him as a starter which is a great record and i'm happy with the progress our team has shown over that time. If collins comes in and leads this team to a super bowl then thats great and I was wrong about vince, but I think vince plays a larger role on this team than some think.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I see what you're saying, I just disagree. In his rookie year Vince single handedly won games, took over and dazzled fans and opponents alike. Since then he's become hesitant to run and he just isn't a fundamentally good passer. Not that he won't ever be, he just isn't now. I look forward to the future because I think holding the clipboard and watching/ learning from the vet is exactly what VY needs. If Vince can become an above average passer then he has potential to be the most dangerous player ever, and I do think that people forget about that, but he just has to become an above average passer first.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm concerned about his leg issues. This is at least his 2nd major injury. VY can't lose his wheels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar