AFC Championship

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

For the ignorant...

Blinders and blinkers mean the same damn thing.

From racebook.com..

4. Changes in equipment
    Blinkers are used on horses to limit their vision and to prevent them from swerving from objects or other horses. It's worth noting changes in blinkers - a horse wearing them for the first time (or for the first time in a number of starts) or racing without them for the first time.

One need not go to the race track to see a horses a$$. They need to just sign on here at gotitans.com.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What is wrong with you man? Day after day, post after post you go on theses crazy rants, putting people down and just basically acting like a jerk. You make great points all the time, I'll grant you that and I'll even concede that often your dead on with the statistical analysis even though at times you just manipulate the truth to fit your version of reality.

Fact is jack there is no need for you to go around acticing like such an elitist hothead. It's just not cool. So what if I find your version of a common saying a bit amusing, I didn't imply that your some kind of moron. I just laughed because I found it funny. Now I'm ignorant. Fair enough, I didn't know. It's a fair statement. I see your tone though. I'm not blind to that. I hope you don't treat your real friends like that. :sad2:

3. As far as Andre's thoughts. The last time I spoke with him was right after his injury that made him miss three games. The next day as a matter of fact and that my friends was a solid game, so he was confident and proud then, 5 solo tackles, 3 pass defenses all in the first half (outlined again below). He also had not lost his job yet. Say what you will, he was improving and the injury slowed his progress.

I have said it before and I will say it now. Andre is not a quitter and he is not playing terrible like some of you suggest. The times when he was put on display and burned, it was by big time receivers that burn everybody. When a team is losing, everybody gets pissed and points fingers. His worst criticized games were vs Marvin Harrison and Torrie Holt. Wow, they torch everybody HOF Cornerbacks, Pro Bowl Cornerbacks, etc. Now vs a hot young receiver that is starting to make his strides and marks, Andre shut him down... That was Larry Fitzgerald. He held him to 7 yards on two receptions. Had 3 PDs vs him in the first half alone. Then he went down injured in the 3rd qtr. What happens, Fitz explodes and catches 2 TDs vs Hill and Waddell. Andre was improving then. When he returned playing the nickel, there were two games where no passes where caught by the slot receivers he was covering - zero. Yet, his critics continued to talk trash. In another thread, someone (you know who you are) said he was not a scapegoat. You were wrong. The entire Defense minus Bulluck was burned up in the last two games and that includes Hill, Pac Man, etc. Steve was throwing picks. The games were just ugly by the team period. ONE MORE TIME: His off season workout (first one healthy since his arrival) will be crucial (during offseason workout with Sooners was twice voted as the teams ironman - right around Roy Williams, Tommie Harris, Rocky Calmus, etc). He will be ready this time.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Off the medication again Tide?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

See Tide, even your real life friend has a sense of humor.
    All I am saying is to lighten up.
    There is no need to cut everybody you do not agree with.

I happen to enjoy your rants sometimes...when they are not going after somebody. I learned a long time ago that you do not care for me and I do not expect that to change...The funny thing about this is that I know you really didn't have me on ignore afterall! :ha:

Laughter is the best medication by the way...:winker:

6. Wow, picking with Tide??? :makefun: :bonk2: :lol3:

I absolutely must refute my statement about the two of you sticking by each other's side.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bipolar...

I learned a long time ago that you do not care for me and I do not expect that to change.
    ---------------------------------

Since when?

Keep saying nice things about me and we will be pals.

Rolltide, elitist hothead. And damn proud of it!

8. :flame: :crazy: :cuss: RROOOLLLL TIDE!!!

9. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

So, uhmmm... too bad XMas just passed. I wanted to ask Santa for Troy at SS and Ed at FS. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Is that what they call "poking the Bear"? :lol3:

You know, I've always hated all the Woolfolk talk, but W.U., it's not all completely unfounded. I just happen to not buy into all that because Dre can be that special player. I've got more faith in Dre than Lamont. If Lamont's cousin was online here people would come out of the woodwork to hate on him, and they have now that there is this girl running around acting like they drink Maxwell House together every saturday morning...

The point is this long haired guy for the Steelers and Andre have nothing to do with eachother in the context of this thread. I take it that it is your contention that Dre was brought up her only to inflame you...well, I don't know that that is entirely true but that's not to say that it didn't occur to anybody while posting it...

I still fail to see the validity of the argument that Reese was dumb/blind to draft Woolfolk as opposed to dumping picks to move up...

What about Chad Johnson then...gifted receiver...was anybody moving up to get him? No, he was a third round pick...oh, he's a steal...my bad...

Hindsight on a draft is merely that. It's hindsight...that's all. You can't go back a judge a GM because something unfortunate happened to a player...
    What kind of crap is that? Dre still might be that shutdown corner that the Titans drafted him for...

Trust me... Arizona was happy to be rid of KVB's injury riddled a$$...
    Now look at him...Mr. Big shot...

I don't get why people hate on Woolfolk like that...
    (I use the term 'hate' loosely)

Tank Williams has been a mess and seems everyone is high on him because he's looked half decent at the end...Meanwhile Lamont is run through the mill because he's been torched, run over, and hasn't made big plays...but he's healthy!

What it boils down to is winning...this team does not win. They are 9-23 over the last two years and currently there is not a great deal of hope for it to improve. What can I say? I don't know what the problem/problems is/are... They are many. All you can really do is keep believing that Woolfolk is part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar